Jamesville, NY
Jamesville Beach Share

Could Be Excellent, but....

1    7/26/2013   7/27/2013
Review By: 1spdbike
Pros: Pleasant area, good mixture of challenging/easier holes and terrain.
Cons: In dire need of signage. Parking fee. Missing 9th hole.
Other Thoughts: This course could be excellent, but we spent half of the time looking for the next hole because there are no signs on the tees or anywhere else for that matter. Also, hole 9 is apparently no longer there. I would also recommend parking outside of the Jamesville Beach park, because it is $6 Fri-Sun and the money clearly does not go towards the disc golf course. Otherwise, it is a nice layout and very minimal insects to deal with.

Not much variety

1    9/12/2009   9/19/2009
Review By: Hattrick12488
Pros: There are some creative holes that make use of the few obstacles found in the wide-open park.

Decent concrete tee pads on every hole.
Cons: Not too much variety. Most holes are very wide open, except for two very short ones through the woods.
Other Thoughts: There were no course maps when I went, but we brought one. You might want to, as some of the tees are a bit hard to find without it.

The second time I went to play here there seemed to be a high school cross country meet going on. The course was unplayable because there were tents and people all over the fairways. I wish I had seen NIBSTOOLS' review. ("Check the CNYDGA web forum before heading out. The park Staff usually posts on there if it will be closed or otherwise hindered for disc golf. www.cnydga.org ")

worth the stop

2-4    6/6/2009   6/7/2009
Review By: Gator
Pros: Good baskets and excellent cement tee pads make the course nice. It seemed very well maintaned.
Cons: Its WIDE open with the exception of two woods holes that are the shortest holes I've ever seen. I played this during a tourny and the OB's added some difficulty but on a regular round I can't imagine being challenged by this course.
Other Thoughts: Its worth stopping by if your in the area but I wouldn't make it my sole reason for coming to the area. Stop by and eat at Robbie T's and tell him your a DGer, they support the sport in the area.