East Peoria, IL
3 / 201ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Technical Powerhouse

5+    7/9/2013   7/10/2013
Review By: jnskender
Pros: This course is a very well designed technical course. It really succeeds in forcing players to choose and shapes lines hole after hole.

- In a well cut out section of a heavily wooded area that is really what I enjoy in a round of disc.

- Doesn't allow for chucker's to overpower finesse throwers. This can really even the playing field when throwing with a group.

- Navigation is extremely easy for first timers.

- Not heavily populated on any given day, allowing for no pressure rounds.

- Hole 17 is a very narrow hall of trees, which is very unique from most narrow fairways.

- Upkeep is top notch, plenty of trash cans, minimal trash, and fairly frequent pin position changes.

- I believe that overtime this course has given me a strict advantage against other tournament player's. It really makes you stop and think about disc selection, release angle, speed of throw, and risk/reward. I am constantly fighting for par and when you hit your birdie after an incredible throw, you know you earned that birdie.
Cons:
I would love to bump my 3.5 rating up to as high as a 4.5 but there are reasons I could not justify this action.

- Signage is sub par (all pun intended). I said navigation from hole to hole is extremely fluid, but the signage lacks even decent representation of individual layouts.

- I love the fact that the course is so technical but I have to review on a general level. I believe many golfers out there will be disappointed with the lack of any "let loose" holes.

- The course is mainly dirt fairways and a handful of holes can retain water for weeks after rain. It is never a sever hindrance but definitely an annoyance to walk up to mud puddles on a beautiful afternoon.

- Mid summer and this place is lush with greens. I have gone out in the winter looking for discs and came back with 15 in my bag. It is very easy to get kicked out into thick brush by a tree. Luckily I was able to return 9, which had numbers :)
Other Thoughts: This course has the ability to really give your technical a boost so give it a fair try!

I hope to see you out there!

Fun Course but not super challenging

2-4    1/27/2012   1/28/2012
Review By: jugglerbri
Pros: Lots of trees! Technical course. If your throw hits a tree, you are in the woods and you're fighting to get to the pin. Make a good throw and it feels great to watch your disc sale down the path between the trees.
Cons: The signage could use a bit of work. Some signs were missing and others were damaged so you couldn't see the distances. I can see this area getting muddy if it rains.

Another drawback is the lack of hazards and out of bounds areas. There wasn't a single shot that I made that I thought, "I hope my disc doesn't go there or it's gone". On the other side, with the amount of trees that are on the site, out of bounds areas would be pretty tough to get to.
Other Thoughts: This was a fun course. I was in the area on business and I was able to play it in the evening when I was done (had to play the last hole by flashlight first day!). A couple of the baskets could stand to have a bit of repair work on them but all in all, it was a couple fun evenings. The course is really easy to navigate. As another reviewer mentioned, it "flows" very well. A couple of the baskets where a little tricky to locate (hole 4 curves right into the trees and I threw at the wrong basket on the long par 5) but I've sort of come to expect some of that the first time on a course.

The course description refers to this as "moderately hilly" and that's about as far from the truth as you can get. Yes, there were a couple drainage gullies that you would shoot over but none of the holes had any significant elevation changes to them. Perhaps for flatlanders it is hilly but coming from Colorado, not so much...

All in all, it was a good couple rounds and if you are in the area, it's definitely worth checking out!

Super Challenging

1    8/11/2011   8/12/2011
Review By: Jashwa
Pros: Whoever decided that the ICC arboretum was a good place for a DG course was a genius! This course is super unique and I had a great time there.

*ICC is pretty close to being a championship caliber course with tight, wooded holes that are great for improving the technical game

*Just when I was thinking "this course could use a long hole" we came to a supertight 400 footer that kicked my butt

*Although some people find tunnels repetitive, I honestly think that every shot here was a little bit different

*Great forest scenery

*Course flowed very smoothly, always knew where to go to get to the next teepad. I normally don't take this into consideration for my reviews because I don't really care, but this was actually noticably "flow-y"
Cons: I had not read any reviews of this course before playing it and was shocked to see that its average was as low as a 3.0, but there are several parts of the course thatprevent my rating of 3.5 from going any higher:

*Signage here was pretty awful. Some holes missing signs desperately needed them because many baskets here are hidden. The signs that were in place didn't have any pictures, just distances so they weren't very effective.

*It's nice to be able to actually let loose on a drive or two over the course of 18 holes, and this course didn't really offer that
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed this course very much because it is super challenging, which makes it very very rewarding. I played this course on the same day that I played nearby Washington Park DGC and combined the two make for a very diverse and interesting day of disc golf. Highly recommend!

2-4    6/30/2011   7/1/2011
Review By: dmbrun2
Pros: Good selection of hyzer and anhyzer shots

A course where you have to think about lines and accuracy as the trees will punish you

easy to find next holes

A very scenic selection of holes
Cons: Some baskets have storm damage

Posts are missing

The markings on the posts, although funny, are obscene and inappropriate!

A little on the shorter side

Other Thoughts: Peoria area is great for disc golfing, and with the addition to the updated marquette heights course (havent checked it out yet) There are five courses very close together(including Mcnaughton and Morton which both are awesome!), which makes for an awesome and long day of discing.

If you are in the area and are looking for lunch, I recomend the burger barge, which is near the Riverboat

Fun Course

5+    4/3/2011   4/4/2011
Review By: try122583
Pros: - A great course to work on your short game. A number of shorter holes, but with the woods playing a part in most of them, it forces you to be accurate.
- Because of all the trees, wind isn't much of a factor on most holes. This means on days were strong winds might make playing most courses difficult, you could probably still get in a good round here.
- Each hole has alternate basket positions. In the closer spot, you get a chance to rack up some birdies, in the longer spot, this course can become pretty difficult.
- Pretty easy to find your way around, course pretty much has a straight forward flow with no back tracking and still finds a way to wrap around nicely.
Cons: - With wooded courses, expect mud. For the most part the course is just find and there aren't any issues with footing, but some holes and walkways could become easier if some more wood chips were used.
- With most of the holes being shorter, you don't get a chance to get out the drivers. you could play this course with one solid disc if you chose to do so if the baskets were in the closer positions.
Other Thoughts: Really like this course. I have no problem driving in from 90 miles out to play. Also, being in the Peoria area, there are a number of courses to hit up on a trip, so you can make a day of it. Definitely recommend checking this course out if you're in the area.

Cold and Windy

1    11/15/2008   11/17/2008
Review By: Boostman
Pros: Course was well maintained. Easy to navigate. Course offered a wide range of shots left, right, straight but not much elevation changes unless you happen to fall into one of the ravines. Very wooded course which makes for more technical types of shots to be made. The few holes in the pine forest where especially nice as it felt like a totally different area. Plenty of trash cans out and about to keep the place clean.
Cons: Few of the baskets were damaged (Still playable), and a few tee signs were missing or missing distance information. A course map out front would have been nice as well.
Other Thoughts: This was a very nice course to hit up while the girlfriend passed and went shopping with her mom since it was damn near freezing out. Like the easy access parking and the practice basket as well.