Cedar Hill, TX
Lester Lorch Park - Beaver DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #4 (Taken 3/2013)

Solid, not amazing

2-4    2/23/2013   2/25/2013
Review By: Notorious21
This review was updated on 2/26/2013
Pros:
- Nice variety of open and wooded holes, right and left dog legs
- Clean, not overly crowded park
- Equally challenging both in accuracy and power
Cons:
- Some teepads are too short
- A little frustratingly tight. Many holes just feel like "chuck and pray" - requiring as much luck as skill
- Thorns!
I probably had too high of expectations based on the ratings of this course. It was fun, but not that much better than many other courses in north Dallas.

Being a little hard on the Beaver.

1    4/9/2012   6/10/2012
Review By: sidewinder22
Pros: 18 concrete tees with nice tee signs and baskets. A couple holes have multiple pins. Good hole design and variety of shots with the available terrain and elevation. Fairways are well defined and bad shots typically punished. Lots of turtles and wildlife. Portapotty in parking lot. Disc golf only park.
Cons: Mud!!! I've seriously never had so many problems with mud on a course before. I guess some people maybe used to Texas soil, but this was ridiculous! Holes 5,6,7 had a lot of mud. This mud sticks to your shoes and just keeps building on them. My shoes must have weighed 10lbs each before scrapping some of it off. I had issues on the tees because my the bottoms of my shoes weren't level and also people use the tees to scrape the mud off their shoes.

Hole 9's fairway was ponded over, so you have to go around the long way to get to the other side . I got lost and then lost my disc and visual reference from the tee once I got back to the fairway. Navigation was a little tricky on the course on the back 9.

Trash on the course. I found someone's underwear on hole 8 near the turtle. Poison Ivy in the rough. Parking lot is small for one course let alone two courses.
Other Thoughts: I like Beaver....it was my favorite of the two Lester Lorch courses, even though the mud was worse. The holes are more diverse and just better IMO. Hole 1 was my favorite in the park.

For people out of town like myself, I'd make sure the course is dry before playing here. I'd probably rate a little higher if it weren't for the mud.

not for newbs

1    2/19/2012   2/19/2012
Review By: christogolfer
Pros: challenging, technical, very scenic
Cons: fairways are tricky, no clear lines on many baskets.
Other Thoughts: tough course. you can throw some perfect shots that find trees in the middle. no real clear lines to some baskets. just grip and rip really. but it is fun. do not expect to score well and just have fun and you will enjoy. it is very cool for a dallas course. kinda like mclain in san antonio. not super fair, but super fun.

Great Mix

1    7/27/2010   10/18/2010
Review By: lazy42
This review was updated on 3/25/2011
Pros: Course seems to be dedicated to DG. Porta-John in parking lot. Kiosk near hole 1 with good information. Course was clean and maintained well. Another DG park on same grounds.

Concrete tee pads. Tee signs with layouts. Trashcans throughout course. Benchespicnic tables to sit and relax. Navigation through course was pretty intuitive, even without map. Some elevation, but nothing extreme.

Great variety of holes on one course. Open, semi-wooded, heavily wooded, tunnel shot, water obstacles, a few blind tee shots, long and short holes too. Multiple pin locations available.

Never once did I feel like I was going to lose my disc in the rough, though may have been due to the time of year I played.
Cons: Parking lot was tore up and small. Not that big of a deal, but worth noting.

Hole 5 was pretty spongy, hole 9 was all but unplayable due to high water over path, had to walk through woods to get to pin after tee shot.
Other Thoughts: Besides holes 11, 12, and 13, this course felt a lot like the courses in the Midwest, it was hard at times to remember I was in Texas while playing. And that's not a bad thing since that's where I live, just thought I would note it for those who haven't played any Midwest courses.

Interesting thought: If there would be a swap of holes between Beaver and Coyote: 11, 12, and 13 of Beaver fit in better on Coyote, and 1, 14, 15, and 16 of Coyote fit better on Beaver. Not a negative comment, but that would make the courses completely different than each other, however, this just makes you want to play both courses during a visit.

Overall, I had fun playing, but there weren't really enough holes that just blew me away. The water holes are more difficult mentally than they are a throwing challenge, fun nonetheless, but not overly challenging.

Couple of holes worth noting: Hole 1 is a very long (480') uphill hole. Not as easy as it looks as the trees in the fairway force you to keep your shots down, but combining the two makes for a great challenge. Hole 10 is fantastic. It's a great tunnel shot through a bunch of trees, then turns left @ around 300' or so.

Good Drive for a Good Course

1    8/1/2010   8/16/2010
Review By: goodolrebel
Pros: Makes you throw every kind of shot, from long bombs across the pond on three holes to finesse shots on the back 9. Still working my flicks and forhand shots so the back 9 eat me lunch, but still had a good time. The course is easy to follow. The Course has good Tee-Boxes and good shade for those hot summer days
Cons: Out in the middle of no where so make sure you bring plenty of fluids. #2 Tee-Box is in the parking lot
Other Thoughts: This a fun course to play. there's 2 courses at Lester Lorch The Beaver and the Coyote we where going to play The Coyote course also but it was 102 the day we played and ran out of water. I really enjoyed playing the Beaver Course. Nice, Fun course will definatly be playing this course again.

09 review.

5+    4/11/2009   4/24/2009
Review By: Trev_Masta
Pros: Great layout with beautiful scenery all throughout this course.Nice big concrete pads on every hole with maps to direct you to the next teebox. Nice mixture of open shots with a few trees to navigate around.
Cons: Sometimes course seems crowded since holes 1,2,4,5,7, and 8 are all pretty close to the parking area.
Other Thoughts: This next to the "coyote" are my favorite courses in the dfw area. If you are close i sincerely recommend you swing by and enjoy this course.