8 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Great elevation change throughout the course - up to as much as 30-40 feet on a couple holes.
- Well cared for and manicured fairways with what I will describe as a traditional "rough" on the more open holes.
- Beautifully layed out wooded holes that offer incredible challenges coming off open holes. Corridors and Pinballs!
- Pin placement was very well thought out on the wooded holes. Not so sure it really mattered quite as much on the open holes.
- If you like a great variety of hole types then this course is a fantastic play for you without question. Many of the holes are straight away, but there are a handful of L2R and R2L holes that are absolutely amazing - kudos to the course designer!
- Course scorecard and map available at 1st tee in mailbox. You will be bummin' if they are not available.
- Good length variety with 2<300', 5 @ 3-400', and 11>400'.
Cons: - No restrooms
- Poor tee singnage
- Poor tee pads (asphalt and uneven)
- Few trashcans
- Private Course (not sure why...)
- No water
- Would be difficult to navigate without a map
Other Thoughts: Favorite holes were #4 as a corridor hole and #15 which is over the water. In my opinion #15 is really the only hole where water came into play and it's a GREAT hole. If you lay up, you lose at least 1 stroke - if you play over the water then par is achievable!
I was a little dissappointed in the tee conditions, course trash and lack of signage. Just my thoughts, but these really need to be top notch to be considered in the upper tier of courses. They are just a few of the small things that are minor but important in a course. Don't get me wrong, this is a beautifully laid out course and is worth the $5 without question, but when compared to others in the midwest it really is just an average course that has tremendous potential.
A spotter will be a huge help.
The posted course photos do an excellent job of showing you exactly what to expect.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.