Hitchcock, TX
Jack Brooks Park - Gulf Meadows Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #14 (Taken 6/2012)

the little sister of cedar hills

1    1/31/2010   2/10/2010
Review By: hognosesucker
Pros: -this course has a decent amount of hole variety anhyzers, hyzers straight shots, as well as wide open holes and fairly wooded holes
-double loop design making for a stop at the parking lot to get drinks, food etc.
-decent length variety ranging from 185-->500(?)
-some of the holes that ended in the woods had nice pin placement that were either decently protected or kind of risky (on small hillsides)
-Nice, champ level course on site.
Cons: -natural tee pads were kind of sloppy when I played here, probably not a continual problem, but nasty after rain.
-better signage would have been nice, course just has 4x4 posts with hole number, length and routes. We had a pretty excellent guide here but I'd imagine we would have been wandering around a bit looking for pins and navigating btwn holes had he not shown us around.
-While there was some shot variety here, a lot of holes seemed either throwing from outside the trees to a basket slightly tucked into the trees or throwing from <100 inside the trees to a wide open pin. Then there were also completely open holes and wooded holes. I guess I would like to have seen some more variety in the holes throwing into and out of the woods ie throwing from outside the woods in, but make it a tight opening and put the pin 100' in.
-The wide open holes were pretty boring with very few trees and flat.
Other Thoughts: I think while reading reviews for this course, I hyped it up a bit too much in my head, that it was kind of a let down for me. I had a similar experience at McDade on the big Houston trip.

But this is certainly a fun course that would be challenging for a low level am player. So in that way it serves it's purpose now that cedar hills is in place. I would recommend playing the course and making a day of Jack Brooks.