Jackson, MI
3 / 220ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Back nine plays well

2-4    9/3/2012   9/3/2012
Review By: leindecjoeld
Pros: -Good use of elevation
-Good variation on hole lengths
-Never busy
Cons: -Holes missing
-Baskets damaged
-Course is poorly maintained
-Tee pads are nearly imposable to find
-Holes lay on cross country course, so you may have to wait for runners to pass through
Other Thoughts: I have tried to play this course as an 18 hole course, but it is nearly imposable to do. Due to the school clearing a wooded section on the south side of the campus two holes no longer exist. My advise with this course is to start with hole ten, and play it as a nine hole course. The back nine has a solid set up. The map shows holes three and six sharing a pin, but this pin is damaged, and hole five does not exist. Also, it is imposable to tell where you are supposed to start for holes three four and six. This and the long walk from hole two over to three make for a hard start to the course. I would say your best bet would be to either start with ten, or play one and two, and then skip to nine and play through. It will save you time guessing where you are supposed to throw from and guessing on pin location.

Jackson Community College Course?

1    5/29/2010   5/29/2010
Review By: Gustav
This review was updated on 8/20/2010
Pros: Seems like it has POTENTIAL to be great. That is the only "pro" I can give this course. Great terrain and really like how elevations, trees, and rough come into play. Only positive thing I can say. Now on to the negatives...
Cons: The biggest problem with this course is navigation. It was almost impossible to find where tee pads are located, and where the actual hole is. The directions listed on this site are WRONG. I found the the first hole behind the Field Building, no mention on campus at all about a student activity center that the directions talk about. For as long as this course has been around, you would think the college or locals would care enough to post some sort of sign showing where next tee is located. Poured tee pads would be swell (I am offering free labor for it) and some sort of course guide. I understand that this may seem like few cons to deem such a low rating, but there are NO SIGNS or GUIDES and it is extremely easy to get lost. Hours of frustration trying to find holes almost guaranteed.
Other Thoughts: The course is tight (from the few holes I was able to find - had to guess about where I was teeing off from) which I really like, but there is definitely a possibility of losing discs. This course has the potential to be great. If anyone knows any locals or people in charge of this course, I would love to offer my services to help make this course better as it is the only course in Jackson. All it needs are signs that designate where next tee is located and maybe a sign to mark the tee pad. This course may have had markers in the past, but the time I put into finding tee pads (maybe I found them, too many random dirt spots on grass) and baskets was not worth the effort to play this course. Until further improvements are done to this course, my recommendation to players is stay away at all costs, unless you know a local or have hours to spend navigating your way through this course. I personally had no bug trouble, but that could easily change during summer. Please fix this course, it could be a gem.

A Shame.

6/16/2007   4/23/2008
Review By: captconnels
Pros: I used to like this course, with holes ranging from easily birdied to quite challenging. Some heavily wooded holes and some wide open fields. Gotta love the scenery on the water tower hole.
Cons: This course has not been taken care of. My first time playing it at the end of `05 it was beautiful. Well groomed and everything. The college has taken no interest in keeping this course in tact. In fact, they actually started construction on a new dorm where the fairways for the 2nd/3rd holes used to be, so don't plan on playing 18, you might be lucky to get 15 in. Oh yeah, and I totally agree with the bug spray/tick/bee comment also. Hope this was helpful.