Brigham City, UT
John Adams Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #9 (Taken 11/2010)

Excellent Beginner Course

5+    5/26/2014   5/26/2014
Review By: abarker
Pros: This is a great disc golf course for beginners, and a great place to take the family as it has a playground area and restrooms.

Several short holes, some elevation, a few decent length holes, and good use of trees to require a variety of shots.

Good Tee pads.
Cons: The layout of the first two holes really struggles with crossing fairways and a significant walk to the number 2 teepad. Hole number 9 is short and fun, but is a blind shot right by the #1 tee shot and area where other park users pedestrians might be.

No signage, and hard to figure out where to go your first time if you don't have someone to follow.

Other Thoughts: Great place to play a quick round or two.

pretty park

1    5/29/2013   6/20/2013
Review By: Memphis Newbie
Pros: nice looking park

nice tees

nice baskets

holes 6, 7, 8 (I think) have trees and require some shot shaping

great beginner course
Cons: other than the three holes listed above this course is just wide open grass. not very interesting, but they did what they could in a park that is just that, wide open grass.

the tees were painted with hole number and distance, but the paint has worn off and is illegible now.
Other Thoughts: really nice park.

This is the most fun my wife has ever had playing disc golf, which is huge because usually I can't even talk her into coming with me. She is more excited about disc golf now.

The Course Of My Dreams

1    6/14/2013   6/16/2013
Review By: TheGrim
Pros: I've always wanted to play a course that could be parred with just a putter, and this is it!

It's actually quite a nice little park with a fun, yet arguably overly easy, course through it. They do make good use of the hills and trees to try to toughen it up a bit, but let's face it, it's still just a beginner's course, and that's ok.

The tee pads are good, so props to the locals who put them in. There are bathrooms and running water which is always a bonus.

Take a moment to enjoy the beautiful area, the picturesque mountains and the burned out building by hole 4/tee pad 5. Absolutely stunning.
Cons: The map on here is incorrect for holes 1 and 2. They actually cross each other, which is a big fail in course design. Hole 1 starts by the restrooms. Plus you throw hole 1 then have to walk all the way back up the little hill and throw 2. It's just not good form.

Ok, now that we have that crying moment taken care of...

Aside from the somewhat wonkie (yes, I used the word wonkie, I'm cool like that) design of the course and no signage the only other con is really the length of the holes. Hole 4 is really the only one that is driver-worthy, unless you are trying out some different throws.
Other Thoughts: Look, not all courses need to be world-class to be fun. It's short, so take the opportunity to bust out some different throws or actually drive with your putter for a change. It was hilarious to see some guys throwing discs like softballs on hole 3!

An all-putter, tommies only or a rollers only round (yes, I'm aware of the "how do you roll a put into the basket" argument, deal with it somehow) or even frolfing, you know, with an actual frisbee, would be fun to play here.

Great Beginners Course

2-4    4/9/2013   4/10/2013
Review By: Disc Buddy
Pros: Nice easy course to play. All baskets are easy to spot. Park is pretty open and not too crowded with people. The concrete tee pads are super nice having. I played an easy round in about 30 minutes and the park was empty. There is a river with water always running fast. This comes into play on hole #1, #5, and #6. If you throw a heavy disc plan on wading in after it. I thought my disc would be swept away but I guess I was lucky. It is a fairly open course but there are some trees to offer fun obstacles on most of the holes.
Cons: There was never a super difficult shot which is why this would be great for beginners. None of the holes are super long.
I hate hate hate when there are not clear signs to mark the course. For example, even though I had played the course before, I was confused by the first hole. The map is incorrect. The tee pad for holes one and two are switched. So hole number one is actually closer to the bathrooms. There is a sign at the first tee pad that shows a few of the rules of disc golf.

Also something that bugs me about this course is that after you play hole one, they make you walk all the way back to where you just threw from and throw down the hill again for hole two. To avoid feeling like I was getting exercise and not having fun, play from hole one back to hole 9, by the bathrooms.
Other Thoughts: The course does use what little elevation change there is to its advantage. On hole number 8, the concrete pad is clear on top of the hill as you walk around the tennis courts. When I played the first time, I didn't know this and we just started from next to the tennis courts. This made us lose out on playing a harder hole.

Overall its a fun short course that you can play if you have a few extra minutes and you are in the area. It's pretty much all grassy area you play on so for me wearing work clothes for a quick game works well.

Best beginner course in UT

2-4    9/29/2010   9/29/2010
Review By: AltitudeDiscGlf
Pros: This is a great beginner course - and it looks like it is designed with the beginner in mind. The tees are all concrete. The holes have very few obstacles (there are small elevation changes). And each hole has 1-2 extra strokes added to par (meaning they have 350' par 5 - in an open field shooting down hill). I play all the holes at par 3 and was 8 under on my second game. Not a ton of challenge, but I took my wife and kids up and they really enjoyed it.
Cons: The biggest con is that there is not a lot of challenge in this course for the pros for the same reason that this is a beginners course.
Other Thoughts: Here is the best advice: if you are in the Northern UT area and are a beginner or are introducing someone to the sport, take them to this park, if you are a pro, make the drive 1/2 hour south to Riverpark and skip it.

2-4    7/29/2010   7/29/2010
Review By: Crash207
Pros: Fun course in a really nice park. Good use of space and geography. Nice placement of baskets in and around trees. Really enjoyed playing this one.
Cons: Only 9 holes but you can always play through twice.
Other Thoughts: Generous pars. I really liked throwing down to 1 and 2 from up on the hill. If I lived closer I would play this one every day.

A fun putter course

1    6/24/2010   7/11/2010
Review By: ryan ranes
Pros: its a fun course but with some wide open shots there are lots of ace oppurtities there is onlyt one hole that i have to use a driver hole 4 wide open but a semi far hole but i only used 5 discs when i played 1 driver 2 midranges 2 putters there are cement teepads
Cons: there are alot of open shots with know obsticals thaere are alot of people walking
Other Thoughts: play riverdale utah state univerisity and this one there are pretty close together

Not Bad

2-4    6/7/2010   6/26/2010
Review By: Topher
Pros: -Short holes make for good beginner course
-Wide open fairways also make for good beginner course
-Stroller accessible
Cons: -Not very challenging, too short and open for most shots
-Creek ran through middle of course, yet you never have to throw over it for any hole... poor use of creek
Other Thoughts: Still a fun place to play, not anywhere near the best I have played at though. Currently it is the closest course to Logan UT and Utah State University now that the USU course was taken out.

Glad you dont live in Brigham?

5+    3/2/2010   3/2/2010
Review By: Carson B.
Pros: Well we switched up holes and now its in good shape. We also got new concrete pads and made the holes a lot more challenging. Its was first a course for beginners, and i guess if you are Barry Schultz like who you say you are then i guess its still a family course. We do not have signs up at holes but are working on it. And we have plenty courses nearby like, Wolf Mountain, Snow Basin, Riverpark, Logan but probably dont want to go there if you think Brigham is bad. We had doubles going for awhile but it just kept getting smaller so we just quit. And no its not because of the course. You are one hundred percent right about the tee pads being fifty feet long, shows you how much that course gets played by legit players right? We took the dirt that we dug up for the tee pads and put in place of the fifty foot seven forty seven runways, so maybe we might get some grass going on, but who knows, Brigham City waters that park like water is going out of style so it should be good, So all and all it has gotten a lot better. Im a local and at one time i got sick of the course, but now i take every chance to play it.
Cons: Swamp on hole four in the summer, Brigham needs to water somewhere else besides right there. Ummm the city guys need to quit Bajaing through the course especially when the grass is really wet.
Other Thoughts: Its a great course, Us locals spent a lot of time in it the last year or so, so go check it out.

Glad I don't live in Brigham City

1    6/13/2009   6/14/2009
Review By: SomeChump
Pros: I was very disappointed going to this course. I saw on this site that it had a 3 disc rating, which is horribly misleading. If this is a 3 disc course, I need to go back and rerate every other course I've ever played on. I've played on maybe 15 courses and this is definitely the worst one. I'm sure there are worse courses out there, but I haven't found one yet.

Pros- Only course for miles around so the locals are stuck with it. There are bathrooms nearby, but I didn't go in so I don't know how clean they are. The course does make good use of the entire (very small) park (except it failed to use its main feature well, a creek running right through it. Not in play on a single hole.) Oh, was that supposed to be in the Con column? It also makes good use of its very limited elevation changes. There are two holes where you tee off down a 15 foot hill and one hole where you play up it.
Cons: The parking lot is by the third basket, rather than the ninth/first tee. There was only 1 sign on the nine holes. It said "290 feet, Par 5.) The hole was indeed about 290 feet...wide open....like nearly every other hole on this short, wide open course. There were no tees. The only way you know where to tee off is because there is a splotch of bare dirt on an anotherwise completely grass covered park. Sometimes those dirt splotches are 50 feet long, so it is tough to know exactly where to throw from. It is also supremely irritating to have no idea how far any of the holes are. Other users of this park have no idea what disc golf is or that there is a course here. (Again, the signs would help.) I had two people walk from the basket directly toward the group of us standing on the tee while we attempted to get them out of the way so we could throw. Near the basket, there was a father encouraging his young children to stand there while we were playing down saying (I kid you not) "keep playing...don't let them chase you away." Never mind that we were throwing sharp discs at high speed toward his young children. The portajohns in the parking lot (as opposed to the restrooms near the first tee) were nasty, even by disc golf course standards. No sign of alternate tees mentioned by other review. It was hard enough to find the regular ones.