1 Helpful / 1 Not
Johnson Park...... What?
Pros: - This course has great challenges, which is possibly the ONLY reason it is a passable.
- Good variation between high and low, pretty much straight shots.
- Good hike and long, but the course is yet short. You will understand that when you play it.
Cons: - Bad tees, they are only dirt with a 2x4 block of wood.
- No signs stating what tee it is, let alone where the whole is
- Baskets are posts in the ground, which are impossible to hit as you would with a basket.
- Hardly mowed fairway, bring crappy discs, you will lose them
- It is hard to find; (after you get off the main road, follow the road past Johnson Park to the left, and as you see to the left a giant hill and a gravel parking lot with lots of brush, this is the course.)
- No garbage, bathrooms, and poor parking lot
- There is brush on either side of the fairway, itchy plants, poison ivy, etc. Beware!
- No water hazards, not a hyzer/anhyzer type course or mid-range lucky, will require a drive and then what would somewhat pass as a putt. (Determine if its a goal if its hit or in general area of goal.)
Other Thoughts: - Bring water, it is a long course
- Bring bug spray and long socks or pants
Overall, it is passable, but only because it was a interesting course, otherwise the Cons outweigh the Pros by a lot.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Good, but Bad.
Pros: This course HAS potential. The upkeep was simple, and the layout was really nice. Tricky for beginners. Fun and challenging for experienced players. Short holes, and long holes, and definantly a work out. Lots of dog legs, and valley shots. The 18th hole had one of the best scenic views I've seen, and one of the most fun, long, downhill shots I've ever thrown.
Cons: Grass was very deep, and spent a total 2+ hours just looking for discs. Wear long pants and hiking boots; lots of thorn bushes. Some holes felt impossible.
Other Thoughts: The front 9 was very fun, but the back 9 didn't even feel like it was worth my time.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.