Grand Rapids, MI
Johnson Park Share
Uploaded By: FoleyT Hole #2
Hole #2 Target (#17 in the background)

Fabulous course! Use your imagination!

5+    7/13/2012   8/3/2012
Review By: fenixtxfan11
Pros: Rediculous elevation changes, great use of terrain within city limits, never crowded.
Cons: Grass can be tall in the late summer, but this year its fine because we haven't gotten any rain!
Other Thoughts: This is a post game, no baskets. It's not the end of the world. The fabulous drives make up for it big time.

My Favorite

5+    10/14/2009   10/15/2009
Review By: tikirunner3
Pros: Hilly, different terrain, trees, scenic.
Cons: Lots of burrs, but you'll get that anywhere in the woods.
Other Thoughts: Johnson Park taught me to play good disc golf. I absolutely love this course. It allows you to practice a lot of different, and more complicated shots. I even prefer the posts rather than baskets... gives you a smaller target to practice quality putting. Luckily its the closest course to my home, so I play it a lot. I definitely think its a hidden gem and overlooked because of the dirt tee pads, and posts instead of baskets.

The terrain is what makes this course great. The course is anything but flat. When shooting up or downhill, you really need to work on your distance control, and the vertical angle at which you toss your disc.

I've aced a lot of the holes, and shot some really good rounds. This is definitely the most fun course to play in the Grand Rapids area.