1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Concrete teepads are better than grass at any time . . . see also cons section.
2) Nice elevation change on many of these holes. It is a short course, but the elevation makes it play longer and it also increases the challenge with each shot.
3) Beginner friendly which is always a plus. There is enough challenge here to keep people interested with trees, some elevation, and some risk/reward basket locations. The beginner will learn a little bit about everything on this course.
4) Mach baskets witht he # plate facing the tee. This should be the norm, unfortunately it is not. If a small town int he middle of IL can figure it out why can't everyone else?
5) Located adjacent to a cemetary and you must drive right alongside some rows of graves just to get to the park . . . great place for a glow round in and around Halloween.
6) Trees are used on a few of these holes to force specific shots. They arent the majestic oaks like SInnissippi but at least there are obstacles to work around.
Cons: 1) #6 tee has some slope to it and is off angle slightly too. Erosion is he culprit here for why this teepad isn't perfect.
2) No signs for each hole which would help you find the teepads more easily, but the walk isnt long between holes to where you will ever get lost.
3) Small concrete teepads . . . while concrete is appreciated, small concrete is tougher to play on because of switching surfaces. None of these holes are real long but at the same time it would be nice to have at least 6-8 feet of space and maybe 4 feet wide alos.
4) Course is pretty short overall, and the distance variation isn't that great. The shortest hole is about 220 and the longest is about 360. I would have liked to see a shorter hole thrown in there and then stretched perhaps the final hole out just to have a bigger variety of hole distance.
Other Thoughts: Not a con or a pro because I dont know the reason, but I assume #7 number plate is facing #4 so people do not throw at it. You wouldn't know which to throw at if the # plate wasn't visible. SO it is either good planning or poor installation. Worth mentioning but not a positive or a negative.
ALl in all this isn't a horrible course. It is only about average because of the lack of challenge, the goofiness of the small teepads, and the overall repetetiveness of the holes. I still enjoyed myself, I just wouldn't be back all that often unless I was in the area and looking for another place to play. SO with all things considered I am giving this course a 2.0 rating. It is however ont he low end of the 2.0 spectrum. It is underwhelming, but at least there is enough here to keep you somewhat intruiged.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Short and Sweet
Pros: *See other thoughts to find the course parking lot.*
Very short course located in a small town park. The course has some rolling hills and minor elevation changes.
Very beginner friendly course. There is only 1 spot where you could possibly lose a disc (#5)
Small cement tee pads.
For such a small piece of land I thought the course designer did a good job of creating a course that requires a variety of shots. They used the elevation nicely.
Although there are no tee signs the course was easy to follow and the flow was great.
You can play 9 in 15-20 minutes.
Cons: There are no tees signs. #6
The tee pads are very small. #7 is very difficult to throw from as it's not level.
The course lacks challenge for more skilled players.
Other Thoughts: The park is surrouned by a cemetery. At the intersection of E High St. and N Madison St. you drive into the cemetery and the parking is on the right. There is huge sign marking the park but it's still difficult to find.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Nice 9 hole in Morrison IL.
Pros: Nice course in a nice park. Easy to follow but no signs. Nice elevation change on holes. A quick round while in the area.
Cons: The park is hard to find. It is in the Cemetery on the east side. No signs but still easy to follow. Hole 2 and 9 are close to a playground. Very small tees.
Other Thoughts: The park was the hardest thing to find here we drove around the area twice before going in to the Cemetery and founding it. The park was busy and could be a problem on a couple holes.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.