Kenai, AK
Kenai Eagle DGC Share
Uploaded By: Steve West Hole #10
3 / 180ft.   3 / 213ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Somebody cares for this course.

1    8/16/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: Steve West
Pros: Well-marked, and maintained, easy to navigate, and lots of shot shaping. Some length variety.
Cons: Some holes are situated too close to other tees or fairways. Not a lot of variety in types of hole.
Other Thoughts: You'll be throwing around and through a lot of trees.

I was there when some blue tees and mandos (some for red, some for blue) were marked with paint. I hope these become permanent.

Overall, it feels like someone squeezed the course into some unused land between the baseball field and the golf course - and did a good job of creating the only kind of course that could go here. I'd like to see what they would do with a more interesting landscape.

DG in the winter!

5+    4/1/2010   4/1/2010
Review By: iamharrythehat
Pros: I have played this course all winter long, one game it was -8. The discs really fly long in the colder air. It is for sure a technical course as a lot of the baskets you can't see from the T-box. We marked our discs with flourescent orange carpenters chalk so we could find them in the snow.
Cons: The out of bounds are really deep thick brush, easy to lose a disc in but I guess that's part of the challenge, stay out of the brush!
Other Thoughts: There is no policing of the area consequently it gets trashed and vandalized. Lots of litter accumulates so we have to carry trash bags with us to help keep it clean.