Miami (Kendall), FL
Kendall Indian Hammocks Park - West Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #10 (Taken 7/2010)

Couldn't find all the holes

1    7/27/2008   7/27/2008
Review By: johnt1969
This review was updated on 8/12/2008
Pros: Indian Hammocks park has 2 courses in it.
Cons: The big problem with the west course is that there are no maps and no good tee signs. You can find a few holes at this course but if you're not a local or with a local who has played the course then you can't find your way around. The holes that I did find and play were all next to the park roads. This course is also in a multi use park. The position of this course seems to be in a more well used portion of the park. If the park is crowded I think there would be a possibility of injury due to discs hitting people.I spent about 20 miutes looking around for holes and then got frusterated because I couldn't find them. For that reason alone I can't rank this course any better than poor.
Other Thoughts: The east course at this park is much easier to find and get from hole to hole. Start with that one if your playing here.

A comment regarding my evaluation of courses. I am not trying to insult or hurt any ones feelings when I review a course. I'm just trying to evaluate the course on what I feel are important characteristics of a good course. Disc golf has become a large enough sport that I feel we should strive for better than we have now. Just putting 18 holes in a park isn't enough. 18 pole holes does not make a disc golf course. It requires tee's, signs, maps, solid course design and constant maintenance. Any less than that and we will never advance the sport to a reputable level.