3 Helpful / 0 Not
Potential to be excellent but falls short in current layout
Pros: 1) Apparently this is a greatly underappreciated course and does not see the play that the East course gets. A local directed me to the first hole since the original #1 had been removed. It is much longer than the other course overall.
2) Decent variety of foliage density here. It is not super technical because most of the fairways are pretty wide, but it has about the same variety as the East course.
3) Excellent distance variation with a few shorter simple deuces with well executed shots ranging all the way up to a couple bomber holes late on the back 9.
4) Nice Innova Discatchers here . . . the yellow bands help find the baskets and they are numbered so it is even more helpful to distinguish which one to throw too. It helps with routing on this confusing course.
5) There are some very unique basket locations available on #14, and #15 back in the far corner of this course. I am thrilled I eventually found #14 tee as I would have really regretted missing these holes. There are basically some rock formations here where the basket locations go up on these creating some interesting terrain and possible goofy rollaway putts. I did not anticipate something so cool and unique after the first 14 holes on this course.
6) I really enjoyed the middle holes on this course and #18 . . .they were good holes and fun to throw.
7) Beginner friendly course because 1/3rd of the holes are fairly wide with minimal chance to lose your disc plsu overall the rest of the holes are fairly shot.
Cons: 1) Where did the nice signs shown in the course photos go? Those are awesome . . . I love that they were basically handmade and hand drawn almost architecturally. Being a landscaper I can appreciate the work that went into them.
2) Paver tees mixed with concrete at times again. They are also a little bit short in my opinion.
3) A few places where walkers through the park might be in danger. Be careful when you throw and yell if you are headed towards them.
4) Routing was a little goofy . . . I did not expect the walk through the woods to be so long . . . why not throw in a densely wooded hole or two in there to increase the variety. Maybe there was a reason they didn't want holes in the woods, but I would have preferred that. Also no sign directing you to walk all the way through the woods to get to the next tee, but we figured it out eventually. Then you have to do it again from 17 to 18 . . .wierd!! The other goofy spot is after #13 you are supposed to cross the road and follow your way down the fenceline to a tiny opening in the fence to get to #14. A sin would have been much appreciated here because I ended up walking all the way around the maintenance building and down the walking trail to come out near the basket on #14. Just a nightmare for a first timer or traveler.
5) Talk about boring repetitive filler holes . . . 3, 4, and 5 plus 16 and 17.
6) Distance is the primary challenge on half of the holes which is pretty boring.
Other Thoughts: Overall if they were able to take advantage of some more of the dense woods instead of having 5 very similar feeling holes (3, 4, 5, 16, 17). These holes all play down a big sewer easement and the fairways are wide and not much excitement. The rest of the holes are fun in their own regards and if they could have had 18 good holes here I would say this course could be better than the East course. I had fun, but was frustrated with the routing and lack of signs and directionals.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.