Cadillac, MI
Kenwood Heritage Park - Park Side Share
Uploaded By: volklgirl Hole #4 (Taken 4/2009)

If you play one course in Cadillac...

1    7/3/2014   7/8/2014
Review By: bygwyllay
Pros: First and foremost, the scenery. From the second hole on, you are immersed in that up north feel and it doesn't let go until you're walking back to the parking lot.

Well marked throughout and a few neat amenities including cigarette butt disposals screwed into the tee posts.

Lines are well worn and there isn't much underbrush beneath the canopy for clean disc retrieval.

Most holes play in the 200-250 ft. range with a few blind pins, especially on the "R" holes. Challenging without being daunting. Your B game will be needed here.
Cons: Mix of shots. There really isn't a signature hole on this course and there are long stretches of tunnel shot after tunnel shot which become very monotonous over time. I don't think there were any open drives to speak of. Hardly any elevation change at all either. Oh well.

Quite a few skeeters but after some DEET it was all good.

Navigation was good but there were a few places where we got turned around. Had we had a map I'm sure it would've been easy enough.
Other Thoughts: The bonus "R" holes are much more difficult than the rest of the course, which I appreciated. It's nice to offer that to those that want the added challenge. I noticed all the locals skipped them, and the lines are not as broken in as the rest of them. Seemed like everyone was out for a leisurely round and why not? It is a vacation town after all.

A good not great course and the best one in the area. I would play again next time I'm up on Lake Mitchell.

fun intro to dg in cadillac

2-4    8/17/2013   8/19/2013
Review By: Duff-Dyed
Pros: it was easy to find and fun to play. made it easy for family members who never played, to enjoy it.

the cig tubes are gret and id love to see them here in detroit.

no litter! must be the great people of the north, i didnt see any trash on the course. just nice to see.
Cons: the tee pads, much like diggins, need to be 30 to 40% longer... they are just too short. causes dangerous problems for people rolling off the front.

trees. some holes could use some grooming but i say that tongue in cheek.

what the heck is a 7 and 7r? its a 24 hole course... ill assume 7r was the missing 6 holes? could use some signage to depict that situation... its a tourist town... and im from out of town... how was i suposed to know?

mids and putters (almost) exclusively...

1    4/25/2013   4/25/2013
Review By: apdrvya
Pros:
Aesthetic-- area used for dg is mostly dg exclusive. course does cross access roads a couple times (even playing down the roads at times) and comes near to some more public areas.

Baskets-- discrafts, in great repair and somewhat visible in dense woods.

Teesigns-- they are there but they should/could be more descriptive as to where the baskets are. It seems that scouting about half the holes may be necessary.

Routing/Nav-- Easy. follow the paths and you'll be fine. I was impressed that the transition from the regular 18 to the alt 6 was as easy as it was. the pads for 7 and 7R were literally right next to each other. There was one longer walk between 13 and 14 but it was pretty easy to figure out.

Teepads- nice, a little short but the holes here are pretty short as well. clear enough, leave covered but that's to be expected.

12R-- Special mention to this hole. dual fairways make this one a special challenge. the right fairway is super tight while the left fairway is a little more open
Cons:
Variety & Risk v Reward-- there is a lot of repetition here, the challenge factor is pretty small with the short holes here. Water comes into play on one hole (7R I believe).

Shortness- this course is seriously short and technical but the basket placement could be improved to improve the challenge factor.

Parking- I wasn't sure where to park for this one, I parked across from the first tee between some traffic cones.
I think this course was fun but it was just that fun. Nothing more. It wasn't challenging or exhilarating. the lack of elevation didn't help.

Kenwood DG Review

2-4    8/10/2010   5/3/2012
Review By: markdh92
Pros: Tight course, challenging tee shots due to narrow fairways. Concrete pads, posts with par/distance on them at the tee.
Cons: Mosquitoes are ridiculous during the summer months. Some holes are hidden behind trees, tough to see.

A Family Fun Course!

1    3/29/2012   3/30/2012
Review By: rsr2
Pros: When we arrived at the course, the first thing we noticed was how close Hole 1 is to the parking lot. You literally get out of the car look behind you and it's right there.

The course was very clean when I went through. The other positive was the cigarette butt containers at every hole. I hate seeing a pile of cigarette butts so this was nice.

I find the course to be very scenic at some points. A couple of the holes have you finish near the road and you can see the beach and it looks really nice.

It is definitely a family friendly course which is great to get more people involved.

The Local help was really nice here as well. We caught up to a group and they told us about the course and which way to go because there are two hole #7. One is a reverse and they said if you have the time take that route. We even got lost trying to find a place and a local helped us get to our destination.

Cons: The swampy muck at hole 2 can be pretty brutal if you don't get around it.

Most of the holes were literally walk up to the tee. Look straight ahead and there is the hole. There wasn't really much variation other than a couple holes where you go left or right.

Some of the signs are gone at the holes. You can see the nails there of where the sign was but most are gone.

All of the holes are <300' so there are no power shots needed and it added to the lack of variety.

One of the locals told me that it can get really busy at times so there is sometimes a wait. I didn't have this problem but it was a Thursday afternoon so it was to be expected.
Other Thoughts: This course was a lot of fun! I took my dad out here and he is fairly new to Disc golfing and he absolutely loved this course. He learned a lot from playing it and he wants to play more which is a plus to me. I plan on making a few more trips out here if I can. I almost got 2 aces and I want to try and get my first on this course. I would highly recommend this course to anyone that is new and also break in a few discs with the wide variety of trees in the area.

1    2/7/2012   2/7/2012
Review By: jmac79
Pros: you will throw every thing you have open and tight holes. left right and tight.
Cons: I know it is winter but almost all of the tee pads were covered in ice. farways were packed down by park trucks but are now a sheet of ice.
Other Thoughts: a few more warm days and the ice should melt but untill bring some spikes

1    7/27/2011   7/27/2011
Review By: SAxDrc
Pros:
-I liked the "feel" of the course. woodsy with a beach visible on a few holes.
-nice signs with hole number, distance, and par
-tee pads were decent, not great but not a hinderance
-a ton of ace runs
-would be great for beginners
-navigation wasn't a problem
-the locals were nice, a couple large groups let us play through and a some guys gave my friend and I advice on the hole
Cons:
-very repetitive. every hole is under 300'. almost every hole is straight, and when there is a dogleg there is an optional straight shot as well. hole 6 is a dogleg left with an alley between some trees that is just straight. hole 11 is a dogleg right but again has the option to just throw straight through a narrow gap.
-lots of trash and graffiti
-it would be nice if the signs had a picture of the hole, but most baskets were easy enough to find
-tee pads were all different shapes and sizes. I'd rather a course have the same size pad on every hole so that I don't have to get used to new footing on every drive.
-no elevation change and no water hazards.
Other Thoughts: bring bug spray. terrible mosquitos.

Kenwood Heritage

1    7/2/2011   7/4/2011
Review By: DirtyWhiteBoy
Pros: +Concrete Tees
+Great Location
+Challenging Course due to the amount of trees
+Footage and Par marked Clearly on every hole
Cons: -Some holes can be tricky to navigate if you've never played here before
-Little variation of hole design
Other Thoughts: *DO NOT FORGET BUGSPRAY! The mosquitos were thick
*Great location
*I would like to see more variety in both hole design and length but over all a good/fun course

I played this course over the 4th of July weekend so the beach was crowded and I was unable to play "Lakeside" but "Parkside" was a lot of fun and quite easy to find, just follow the lake to the park.

Short toss, still challenging

1    5/17/2011   5/17/2011
Review By: crusadersounds
Pros: * Clearly marked tee signs
* Distances marked on most holes
* Great Chainstar baskets
Cons: * Couldn't see a lot of the baskets
* Lots of vulgar graffiti on the tee signs
* Baskets seemed to be a little lower than normal
Other Thoughts: * Short course (almost all less than 250')
* Really tight fairways that were pretty crowded with trees
* Nice accessible location

I was travelling through Michigan and stopped at this park for lunch not even realizing that there was a course there! What a great surprise when we drove up and saw chainstars. In spite of the fact that I couldn't see a lot of the baskets and the fairways were pretty crowded with trees, I still managed to shoot just +1. Not a difficult course, but not an easy one either. If you're in the area, give it a shot.

Nice Course

5+    9/24/2010   9/25/2010
Review By: badmidget
Pros: Concrete tee pads. Nice baskets. Lake view on some holes. Pretty clean park. Definite ace possibilities.
Cons: some lanes were very tight. some holes had no apparent lane at all. Tee pads were not consistent size. Signs were poor. Much profane graffiti on sign posts.
Other Thoughts: overall great course to play while enjoying Northern Michigan's great outdoors.