Midwest City, OK
Kiwanis Park Share
Uploaded By: rd.bittle Hole #3 (Taken 1/2013)

Playable Neighborhood Course

1    1/10/2013   1/10/2013
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Baskets (seem to catch fine)
A few lines to hit
Creek-OB comes into play on several holes
A little challenge
Decent to work on mids with a few drivers worked in
Good for family/newbies
Playground for the kids
Plenty of benches/picnic tables
Clean
Plenty of parking
Well kept
Not crowded when I played

Favorite Hole(s): #6
Cons: Baskets need a little work/bigger numbers
Dirt tees get muddy
Lots of bare ground that gets muddy
No signage whatsoever
Tees are hard to find.
Plays across the walking path several times (not a big deal to me, it wasn't busy)
Plays around a pavillion, a soccer field, and numerous picnic areas. Could cause people problems.
Not much challenge
Several holes seem repetetive
Navigation isn't easy (thanks cap-tan for the directions)
Seems a little short but not too bad
Not a lot of variety
Almost no risk/reward
I didn't notice any restrooms
Other Thoughts: This is a well kept, clean course to play if you need a quick nine holes. I wouldn't recommend driving very far to play it. If I lived in the neighborhood I would probably play it often for decent practice. Several tees could be moved slightly and tee of of the concrete walking path. Not a horrible course just not a great amount of fun. With a little work this would be a decent course.

If you are going through the area and need a quick nine swing by. Other than that don't bother.

My "disc rating" is based heavily on fun factor which this course didn't have much of. I then adjust it up or down a little based on amenities which this course had little of.

PM me and tell me how I can improve on my reviews to be more "helpful."

There are baskets......

1    4/18/2011   4/21/2011
Review By: kc135golfer
Pros: This course has baskets and is open with little hazards. Park is kept clean.
Cons: A friend and I found this course very confusing. There is almost no signs of any kind to let you know what basket you are throwing to. We were only able to find 2 markers for tee boxes. The rest of the round consisted of us making up our own holes and just denoting a bare spot in the grass as the tee box.
Other Thoughts: While I would not recommend this course in any way it does offer new players a chance to just get used to throwing at a basket. If Midwest City would just put a little effort time and effort into the course it would be a viable quick 9 durring lunch.

Whatever

1    10/2/2009   10/4/2009
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: There are baskets here. The park is very clean and well manicured. It is a very cool park right off of the road and it has good elevation. Safari golf is the only thing that I see is possible here which is what I did for the most part, therefore you can throw any shot that you feel like, ranging from your short game to the long one. There is a park for the kids to play in if you want to get them out of the house while you play.
Cons: The baskets are poor at best. The navigation is impossible, I only found one set of bricks on the entire course. Some of the baskets arent numbered so you dont really know where to go. There are parkgoers everywhere which gets kind of interesting at times.
Other Thoughts: There is lots of potential here if they would just mark some tees. I dont think it is worth the drive off of the interstate to play here and barely worth it to add to the course count.

Kiwanis - Good for Practice

5+    3/12/2008   3/12/2008
Review By: DG_Wizard
This review was updated on 3/7/2010
Pros: Kiwanis is a local park that is great for picnics or taking the kids to play. It is probably the most centrally located for those who live East of OKC. It is where I take people who "might be interested in disc golf". The holes are very short, and it only has 9. It's good for practice or getting kids involved in playing disc golf. A couple of holes are actually challenging, but it is where I practice at the beginning of the year to see how new discs will perform. I often take my 10 year old boy there, because this course is his speed.
Cons: No concrete tee pads, no signs, hard to find tee boxes (marked by bricks in the ground). All of the "baskets" are homemade at best (for some reason the word "janky" comes to mind). They are horrible. Other people playing or running in the park can get in the way. No basket at all for #5, just a pole in the ground (UPDATE: They did put up a new basket for #5). The soccer goal, the volleyball court, a pavilion, picnic tables, and small kid playground are dangerously close to flight paths of discs enroute to pin locations.
Other Thoughts: This is a great place to "make up your own hole" (safari). We play from one diagonal of the park to the other as a par 5 (about 800 feet). It is really only good for practice or taking a kid for a short round. I also recommend the snow cone shack in the parking lot after a couple of rounds. UPDATE: Believe it or not, every hole is marked by bricks in the ground. If in the area and want to play a round, email me at muerteman19@gmail.com. I can show you where all of the tee boxes are.