Edwards, CO
Lake Creek Village Apartments Share
Uploaded By: Deke Guff   (Taken 9/2014)

Nine, No Make That Eight Baskets Does Not Course Make!

1    10/18/2015   10/18/2015
Pros: There seems to be eight baskets set in a narrow strip of land between the river (Eagle) and the apartments (Lake Creek Village Apartments). To start with, the land is pretty unimpressive. It's just scrub with some grass plants and it's riddled with groundhog holes, making walking treacherous. There are some pretty views of the mountains distant. There is a walking path which seems popular that passes through the land. You might finding yourself waiting for dog-walkers. Some of the baskets are just steps away from the apartments.

The baskets are old, faded Innova Discatchers. They're in decent shape but you can't quite read all the old numbers on some of them. I found no evidence of any tee pads. There were no signs. If I had to guess, I would say that the course was set up to be a little pitch and putt with distances of around 150'. There is a tiny bit of elevation to deal with.
Cons: Ugly scrub terrain.
No signage.
No tee pads.
No course.
Close to apartments.
Walking path congestion.
Good possibility of ankle injury from groundhog burrows.
Other Thoughts: The course is close to I-70. I'm torn with my rating here. Do I give it my lowest rating, which is a .5? I don't give 0's. I figure any terrible course is worth at least a .5. Or do I give these 8 baskets which hardly qualifies as course a lofty rating of a 1.0 ?

I'm going with a 1.0. It could be the altitude affecting my brain cells! Or maybe it's the memory of my idol, John Denver, up here in the Rockies. Maybe I'm just on a Rocky Mountain high to be cruising along on this epic disc golfing road trip! Pardon my John Denver reference here.

Fagwards DGC

5+    3/30/2010   3/30/2010
Review By: ECR-4-Lyf
Pros: I use this course in that awkward time of year when Beaver Creek and Vail have yet to open, and Eagle is far too windy to play (March-April). Set on a narrow strip of land between the apartments and the river, this short, 9-holed course is good practice for one's short game. A good course to get an ace on! but good luck finding the tees
Cons: Horribly maintained course. Undergrowth is abundant and obnoxious. There are no real tee boxes, just two big rocks to throw in-between for each hole. Avoid this course if possible.
Other Thoughts: As said in previous reviews: Vail, Beav, Glenwood, and Frisco are all much better courses that aren't located too far away from Edwards. However, if you're really in the mood to work on your short game and play a crappy course at the same time, Lake Creek is the way to go.