Leander, TX
Lake Line Ranch DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #6 (Taken 12/2006)

Just as bad as everyone says

1    9/30/2014   9/30/2014
Review By: MrDarkHorse
Pros: - This could be a semi fun putt putt style course if they were friendly to outsiders. Not for serious games, just messing around
- It is will manicured and kind of nice from that perspective
Cons: - Swamp is mosquito city
- Serious flow problems, holes running together
- One local was there when I played, and I was definitely getting the eye
Other Thoughts: Played the entire course with a putter and I was fine except for holes 3 & 4.

Short Game Practice Course....not bad.

1    5/13/2012   5/23/2012
Review By: PuttyMcplaidPants
Pros: -Beginner Friendly
-Nice mix of shots for 9 hole short course
Cons: -Hard to follow...after first couple holes the tee signs are missing or not in correct place
-Easy to hit non golfers nearby
- HOA may kick you off course if they catch you
-Holes 3&4 have drainage area in fairway, not well maintained, easy to lose disc in there if its not mowed recently
Other Thoughts: If someone would go place tee signs in proper places or mark tee boxes another way, it's a fun quick course to play if you want to work on short game, or just practice putting

my nephew loved it

5+    2/17/2008   2/17/2011
Review By: discgolf512
This review was updated on 2/19/2011
Pros: I used to live in this neighborhood and I would take my 8 year old nephew here after school.
It is really great in that respect. the holes are short enough that a child can get there in a few throws. (except holes 3 & 4, where you have to throw over a swamp)
While i have fond memories of teaching my nephew how to play disc golf at this place... I don't recommend this course.
Cons: play ground, basketball court and swimming pool mixed in with course. there is a real chance of hitting non-disc golfers. especially the basketball players (holes 1 & 9)
the "swamp" near hole 4 can get really overgrown and nasty. tends to stay muddy long after the rain.
It is a private course and hoa could hassle you (it is a private course for residents only).
Other Thoughts: unless you live nearby and need practice putting or you are teaching a child the basics... stay away.
It has been mentioned in other reviews for this course... but I'll repeat it, there are several other courses nearby that deserve your time and attention.

Lakeline Ranch

5+    2/8/2011   2/9/2011
Review By: ian j.
Pros: -Good for practicing
-Close to my house
Cons: -Very few of the original signs left
-Very short and easy
-Hole #2 and hole #8 tee boxes are right next to fences
Other Thoughts: Good for practicing and beginners, but not a good course at all.

Lakeline

5+    2/8/2011   2/9/2011
Review By: musicman
Pros: -It's within walking distance from my house :)
-Great for practicing your shots
-Well manicured?
Cons: -It's very small
-Shot variety is incredibly limited
-Teeboxes are squeezed into tight spots. I have busted my hand on fences just trying to drive on holes 2 and 8.
-It's "private"
Other Thoughts: There are so many great courses packed into this area. I wouldn't recommend driving HERE of all places when benbrooke park is right up the road. (among others)

Private

1    11/4/2010   11/16/2010
Review By: cfmack
Pros: One less course I have to play in Austin. I really have nothing positive to say about this course.
Cons: Private simple course. Absolutely nothing to be impressed with.
Other Thoughts: I struggle with the concept of Private disc golf courses.

Not That Great Really

5+    5/6/2009   5/10/2009
Review By: Cody
This review was updated on 3/5/2010
Pros: Holes 3 & 4 are long enough that I can get big drives on.
Holes 6 & 8 are tomahawk/spike hyzer tees, kinda fun, though very short.
May make a good course for beginners and children.
Cons: Just too short and not laid out well
I have had the security guard that's there during pool season "eye" me and my friends on the course, wondering if we were "supposed" to be there or not, even though I lived there at the time.
You can lose a disk on holes 3 & 4 in the waste-water fallout from the apartments along side it; when it's muddy or there are waste-high weeds there.
The signs are poorly labeled with wrong pars (the ones that are left anyway)
A lot of park goers can get in the way of the holes frequently.
Other Thoughts: If you're gonna travel out this way, then check out The Highlands; it's just 1 minute down the road.
Also, Benbrook Ranch is a decent 18-holer that's pretty close as well.

1    3/20/2008   2/23/2009
Review By: biggio1
Pros: I sorry but in my opinion not many.
Cons: Private. I played with a friend that lives there once and did not even want to finish. I was to bored.
Other Thoughts: I know it is for the community but I think they tried to cram to much into a small space. Could have pulled off a few holes and made it better.

Private Course

1    10/11/2008   10/11/2008
Review By: Dude
Pros: Well manicured. Would be good to practice some crazy putts and midranges but it didn't look like you'd need a driver on any hole.
Cons: Private. We were there for maybe 5 minutes at dusk looking at the course (obviously too short to really play unless you were 3-7 years old) and a tow truck pulled behind my car. I walked back to my car and they drove off. So we left directly.
Other Thoughts: It's a 5 minute drive to Benbrook Park...

Resident Use Only

1    7/23/2008   7/24/2008
Review By: sidewinding
This review was updated on 1/13/2009
Pros: If you lived in the neighborhood it would be a close place to practice. Kids and beginners would have fun here due to the super short distances.
Cons: It is so small that it has the feel of a putt putt golf course. There is a basketball court and volleyball court and pedestrians everywhere that you have to throw around. There are huge signs everywhere that say "NO TRESPASSING Resident Use Only! Violators Will Be Prosecuted!" They can have it but they get a 0 disc rating from me for not sharing.