Spirit Lake, IA
Lake Okoboji Camp DGC Share
Uploaded By: Martin Dewgarita Hole #6 (Taken 6/2010)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Basket to #7 Tee

An attempt was made!

1    7/27/2012   7/29/2012
Review By: FredHJ12
Pros: -Baskets are in tip top shape!
-A nice big sign at the start of the course that shows where you should tee off from and basket locations.
-No tee boxes, so you can really tee off wherever you please!
-The "fairway" on the first 3 is actually somewhat long, and you can unleash your driver here!
-This would be a nice activity for the kids at the camp.
-The camp seemed to be in very nice shape and appeared to be maintained and mowed regularly.
Cons: -No tee boxes--my rating would literally go up a full star if they had tee boxes.
-No tee signs near where the tee boxes should be, so you don't know how far it is, or which basket you are throwing at.
-Very clustered into a small area.
-I am a beginner, so I had to be extra cautious about hitting a building, and even some of the residents around.
-Like the other reviewer, it seemed very much like trespassing with all of the crosses and such.
-Relatively flat, and not much tree cover which resulted in a very easy round.
-Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I did not see baskets 8 and 9.
Other Thoughts: There aren't too many frolf courses in the area, so if you are around, stop by here. It is not a good course, but it can be good for approaches and trying different shots and techniques!

1    6/23/2010   6/23/2010
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
Pros: Baskets. Innova DisCatcher baskets were all in nice shape, 9 baskets exist.

Safari. No specified tee locations allow for creating your own holes, this can result in a nice variety in distance and there are enough trees and other obstacles to create lines and make a decent challenge.

Well kept. The camp is well maintained, clean, mowed and looks nice - shouldn't have a problem losing a disc here.

Not busy. I never saw anybody else using the course, though I skipped holes 1 and 2 because there appeared to be a camp activity going on in that area with kids everywhere.
Cons: Trespassing? Nobody ever said anything to me, but I definitely felt out of place with all of the crosses and praise Jesus everywhere, I felt that at any point somebody was going to approach me and ask me to leave this private property of a church camp.

Cluttered. Many baskets are near cabins, buildings or parking lots - I felt as if I was going to break a window. Several holes are near other recreation areas with a baseball field and basketball court.

No layout. A lack of signage or tee markers resulted in no real layout, just random baskets scattered throughout the property for a safari round.
Other Thoughts: May be an ok place to practice approaches, putting or lines, but I would not stop here again, mostly because it felt awkward and out of place for me to be wandering around this private church camp.