Spirit Lake, IA
Lake Okoboji Camp DGC Share
Uploaded By: Martin Dewgarita Hole #6 (Taken 6/2010)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Basket to #7 Tee

1    6/23/2010   6/23/2010
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
Pros: Baskets. Innova DisCatcher baskets were all in nice shape, 9 baskets exist.

Safari. No specified tee locations allow for creating your own holes, this can result in a nice variety in distance and there are enough trees and other obstacles to create lines and make a decent challenge.

Well kept. The camp is well maintained, clean, mowed and looks nice - shouldn't have a problem losing a disc here.

Not busy. I never saw anybody else using the course, though I skipped holes 1 and 2 because there appeared to be a camp activity going on in that area with kids everywhere.
Cons: Trespassing? Nobody ever said anything to me, but I definitely felt out of place with all of the crosses and praise Jesus everywhere, I felt that at any point somebody was going to approach me and ask me to leave this private property of a church camp.

Cluttered. Many baskets are near cabins, buildings or parking lots - I felt as if I was going to break a window. Several holes are near other recreation areas with a baseball field and basketball court.

No layout. A lack of signage or tee markers resulted in no real layout, just random baskets scattered throughout the property for a safari round.
Other Thoughts: May be an ok place to practice approaches, putting or lines, but I would not stop here again, mostly because it felt awkward and out of place for me to be wandering around this private church camp.