Augusta, GA
The Players Course @ Lake Olmstead Share

A for Awesome!

2-4    5/16/2007   4/18/2009
This review was updated on 4/26/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A

5+    10/7/2008   10/22/2008
Review By: Redneck Machismo
Pros: Excellent layout overall. One of the best courses in Georgia if not the best. The course will test every aspect of your game. For an advanced level player just breaking par is an accomplishment. Length, accuracy and course management are all highly rewarded.
Cons: Other park users are often become an issue.
Other Thoughts: Many course designers could learn a great lesson from playing this course about the proper utilization of available land.