Augusta, GA

1 2 3 Next >
 A for Awesome!

2-4    5/16/2007   4/18/2009
This review was updated on 4/26/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A

Nice Park

5+    12/14/2008   2/27/2009
Review By: reggaB
Pros: Beautiful park along the water. Water in play on a couple of holes. Need to use a varity of shots to score well here.
Cons: Although I really like this park, there is too much pedesterian traffic for my liking. Some of the fairways come close to each other and the flow of this course is kind of funky.
Other Thoughts: If in the area it is worth a stop. I would not go out of the way to play here, but it is a nice course for what they had to work with

5+    10/7/2008   10/22/2008
Review By: Redneck Machismo
Pros: Excellent layout overall. One of the best courses in Georgia if not the best. The course will test every aspect of your game. For an advanced level player just breaking par is an accomplishment. Length, accuracy and course management are all highly rewarded.
Cons: Other park users are often become an issue.
Other Thoughts: Many course designers could learn a great lesson from playing this course about the proper utilization of available land.

challenging lakeside course

5+    3/13/2008   9/29/2008
Review By: jdawg24
This review was updated on 3/11/2009
Pros: *Great use of terrain - plays on sloped hillside (very steep in spots) adjacent to Lake Olmstead -- up, down, along the slope & several shots over water make this an interesting course
*Very challenging, especially if it's windy -- OB comes into play on several holes with pavement (parking lot & paved paths), and water is in play on several other holes
*Risk reward -- there are several excellent risk/reward holes where you can safely layup for par or go for it and risk going OB
*Aesthetics - lakeside, big trees, nice grassy park
*Cement teepads, quality baskets
*Location - right in the heart of Augusta - close enough to I-20, near downtown
*Variety of shots required; good mix of holes (long, short, etc)

Cons: *Park is shared by other users & can get crowded on weekends -- the OB paths often have people on them
*You might lose a disc (or several) -- the lake eats them up
*Only one setup of teepads

Other Thoughts: Completely disregard the 1.5 star rating that someone gave previously -- this is an excellent course in a great setting. Aside from the nearby IDGC courses, this is the favorite Augusta course among many players.

This should be the course you check out while in Augusta (after the IDGC of course, which is ~20 minutes away). Then play riverview & hippodrome if it's open.

Great course

5/23/2005   3/23/2008
Review By: mreed12
Pros: Technical Course, lots of water with tight fairways between trees. Monster drives are a must. Wind can be a huge factor.
Cons: Water
Other Thoughts: Bring a good selection of discs to throw, wide array of different throwing styles is good.

1 2 3 Next >