Selma, OR
-- / 530ft. Par / Distance:

Ninja's Unite

1    6/29/2010   6/18/2011
Review By: ninja-don
Pros: I played this with a friend who was from the area... He reviewed this (below: Ninja-Disc-Master) and I agree with everything he wrote. Be sure to read his review as well.
The layout was awesome, up hill, down hill, flat and long, over water, near water. ect. The flow was really good too, no crossing fairways, or tee pads too close to baskets. The map helped, but I think I could have found my way without.
Not crowded at all. And the course is mostly set in areas of the park that keep you away from stray people walking in your throwing range.
Baskets were good, both homemade and professional didn't seem to different to me, but playing a few other Oregon courses has got me used to the home made baskets.
Cons: Poison Oak. I don't react to contact with poison oak but I know what it looks like and have seen people who have gotten it... it looks like it sucks. That being said, if you plan to play here, look up what it looks line on line if you don't already know so you can avoid it. Also bring a towel or wet wipes to wipe your disc off in case you put your disc in some.
Bugs: there is water near by and it's mostly in the woods, so bugs are a plenty.
Other Thoughts: Playing with another Ninja was awesome. I started playing disc golf because of him in Mississippi and how crazy is it that we both ended up in Oregon at the same time to play once again.
If you are around this area and have played the other close by courses then you really should play here. It's a little out of the way, but well worth it.
I rate it best in the area just under Tom Peirce Park.

Summer Fun

2-4    7/10/2008   5/10/2009
Review By: The Ghostman
Pros: Technical course that requires almost every type of shot somewhere along the course.

If you want to spend the day there is a lake and a campground with playground so the kids can have fun too.

I didn't see a lot of pressure on the course during my stay.

The local bait shops sell discs too.
Cons: Bugs, Poison Oak, although it wasn't hard to spot along the course.
Other Thoughts: Never intended on playing disc golf when going to the lake. I just saw someone out there playing it by himself. I asked if I could take a shot and I was hooked. He came back the next day and we played 9 holes and he gave me 3 discs as a starter set. What a way to get started in the sport.

Lake Selmac

5+    2/8/2009   2/15/2009
Review By: discgolforegon
Pros: Good use of available elevation
concrete teepads
Awesome benches on almost every hole.
camping on site, with 1 yurt.
flushable toilets
summer activities galore!
Cons: course signs are deteriorating.
some fairways have no defined space.
some alternate pin placements seem to have picked at random, and have no "REAL" route to the hole.
$2 to park
Poison oak
lots of small stubs everywhere! tons of trip hazards, so please watch your footing.
I thought the course could of used the lake a little more to make for some more risk / reward holes.
Other Thoughts: Work is under way to make improvements out at Lake Selmac. We hope to have the front 9 home made baskets replaced this summer.

great course

2-4    7/13/2007   1/13/2009
Review By: mike shoys
This review was updated on 3/22/2009
Pros:
- great selection of shots, but 17, and 18 were the only open, let er rip drives.
- homemade baskets work well, and you get to blame them for missing short putts if you wish
- not crowded. may never be.
- good progression of difficulty.
- good camping facilities (we camped right across the street from the basket on 18, good campsite)
- hardly any holes totally flat... only 17 and 18 if i remember right.
Cons:
- poison oak
- tightly wooded holes make "off day" frustrations increase
- a couple too many short holes of the same flavor. many small tree trunks growing tightly together with little room for disc.
Other Thoughts: I had a great time here. Great place to camp and play some disc on grounds. Many of the holes had a similar feel, but were good for my skill level. Very nice weather and swimming in the summertime. I can't wait to get back there. Tom Pearce Park isn't far away, making for a nice weekend road trip. Reservations for camping were made just days before arrival. No stores around so bring some goodies with you. Clean coin operated showers by bathrooms.