Bridgman, MI
3 / 282ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Where Am I?

1    7/5/2010   7/6/2010
Review By: BucketBonanza
Pros: This course is located in a park that is well maintained in a place that I never thought I would be in a million years. The front nine of this course is fairly straightforward with large trees intermittently occupying wide open, well mowed, and luscious green fairways. If you can throw a decent line, you can make it through these without much bruising. The back nine starts to get a bit more creative for a moment by sending the player toward a patch of woods. Nine toward the trees and ten on the edge before moving within the grove for eleven and twelve. Then it is back out to do damage in the great wide open through to the end. It seems as though there has been some renovation within the woodsy holes eleven and twelve, as my companion told me that he had never been able to see so clearly through the woods, where once an atrocious mess stood. It is evident as I look at the current photos here on dgcr, which clearly show a time prior to my visit, that someone had set out to make these holes more playable and less absurd by clearing much of the wild overgrowth away and creating some true lines to the basket. It seems they did a bravo job. A player can buzz through this course in a jiffy feeling pretty good about their work at the end.
Cons: There is not a huge amount of variety here. This is a course that will satisfy a beginner but may leave an advancing player longing for something a bit more challenging and inspiring. I do believe however, that the landscape was utilized as best it could have been utilized. It may be a bit muddy in the woodsy portion, but this is disc golf! Get over it! If I had a dime for every time I left a course with a black foot I would own a zillion of my own top o' the line courses! I gather that it would be best not to throw your disc over the fence on hole three. Heard it on good authority from my boy that there is a Rottweiler on the other side of that fence and that he likes supple, round disc golfer rump for a snack. Play it safe and take a par. This is the only game in town. There are not many courses in this part of the southwest of Michigan until you move more central.
Other Thoughts: This course is well worth your visit if you live anywhere around the surrounding area. It was fun to be certain. I wouldn't want to be forced to play this as my only option for a huge radius though. This course reminds me much of my home course, which I love for what it is, and I wish there were more courses available to people who live in this vicinity. I was not at all unhappy with my round at Lake Township Park. It was a great way to enjoy the falling dusk. A nice place to visit, I just wouldn't want to live there. As far as disc golf courses are concerned that is. Love

2-4    4/11/2010   4/12/2010
Review By: Gleiber
Pros: It is a great beginner course or a good course to dust off the cobwebs from a long off season. It has some good fairly short holes that requires a few well placed shots around trees. Holes 1,2,4,5, and 6 are fairly easy holes that are great for some relaxed play with friends. Hole 3 can be a bit tricky with the 3 trees right in your way to the hole and the fence to your right. A well placed low shot should put you in the right position for par. You shouldn't have to worry too much about losing your disc over the fence. Holes 15 and 16 are great leisure holes to play.
Cons: I lost my disc over the fence on hole 3 the other day due to a strong wind and the fact I hadn't played since September.

Holes 9,10,11,12, and 14 can get VERY frustrating during the spring time since it floods a bit in the woods and it can get very muddy with mud holes from 1-2 feet deep, I have yet to not get muddy. If you go during April I suggest shying away from hole 11. Holes 15 and 16 cross over and could cause problems during the summer when the park is busy. Hole 17, if you don't know exactly where you are going, can be annoying. During the summer when it gets crowded there could be a high risk of hitting a car since to get to the whole, you have to throw across a parking lot. Also, if it is windy and you don't know where you are going, be careful of the lake, it is right over the mound. Make sure to scope out where the hole is first. Almost lost my disc in the lake.
Other Thoughts: I played there twice over the weekend. Both times I ended up with muddy pants and shoes. Lost my disc over the fence on hole 3, and came within a half a foot of the lake. Weren't too many people. A few families.

Just make sure to scope out what you playing through on holes 10,11,12, and 14 to make sure you don't get muddy if you dislike mud. Also, make sure to scope out 17.

Also, THERE IS a GREAT HORNED OWL'S NEST on Hole 14 in a tree that has a "v" split halfway up, about 3/4 of the way to the hole. The nest is sitting right in the "v". So far I have only seen 3 baby owls in it.

1    9/19/2009   3/5/2010
Review By: gordonbombay
Pros: Well manicured
Great beginners course. Several short holes and little chance of losing discs.
The course makes great use of the available land and seems to squeeze a hole out of every unused portion of the park (with the exception of the pond).
Holes 1 2 5 6 play on top of a mound and through a grove of trees. Fun holes with different shots required for each.
Hole 3 is a long flat hole with tall trees on the left a tall fence on the right and demands a low shot or a well placed roller to make par.
The holes that play in and around the forest area can be a lot of fun. A couple have blind drives with a little elevation change that makes it hard to see the pin.

Cons: 7 8 9 are pretty much filler holes with not much character or many obstacles.
Crossing Fairways on 15 and sixteen could get dangerous if the park gets crowded.
Other Thoughts: I played in early fall and the park was entirely abandoned. During the summer Im sure it can get its fair use with the soccer fields and baseball/softball diamonds, which several holes play right next to.
The wide open holes get a little monotonous but there are enough holes that play in and around trees to change it up a little.
If they go for a redesign on this one hopefully they address the crossing fariways and play around the water/over the pond instead.

6/17/2008   6/17/2008
Review By: TimSyl
Pros: Hole 3 is a good hole, good length and a tunnel fairway. Always mowed, would be almost impossible to lose a disc. Good design for the available space.
Cons: Only 9 holes and not really any other courses very close, so going there just for this course is a bit of a stretch. Bit of a walk to some tees...didn't see any maps or scorecards.
Other Thoughts: If they could somehow add 9 more holes, it would make it worth the trip.