Just for fun!
Pros: Short course, fun to play for a beginner like me :)
Easy to follow layout.
Well maintained grounds.
Cons: Short course, maybe not fun for experienced players.
Not much in the way of technical challenges.
Multipurpose park means people and wildlife may interfere with your shot :)
Other Thoughts: Overall, I very much like this course. I would give it a higher rating for beginners. Definitely worth a look if you're in the Grand Rapids area checking out courses!
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Decent starting course
Pros: Some short holes to start to get your game rolling. Longer/tougher holes start at hole 4. Enough variety to keep you interested. I got my start at this course.
Cons: Water traps at 3,4,5, and 9, although 3 and 4 shouldn't be an issue unless your disc slips. In the summer there is alot of parties hosted at the park which may or may not interrupt your play at holes 1,2 and 3
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 9 Not
Pros: - Pretty simple straight shots, a large majority of the holes can be ACED
- Simple leveled elevation so no challenges there
- Some elevation on hole 7 with the hill off to the right
- Very nice park, great community and not usually crowded by golfers
- Good for beginners to learn on
- Challenging aspects, such as water hazards around holes 3, 6, and 9 and the very long drive for hole 7
- The course is set up around the parameter as to avoid most people except around holes 1 and 2.
- Watch for the road around holes 7-9
- Hole 7 is very difficult, watch out for the baseball diamond and the road. Very tight hole and your going to need your distance, since it is 600ft or so and the rest of the course is average 200-300ft.
- Hole one can be done in under par, very easily an ACE hole too.
- The whole course should be played with the par as 3, but is setup with certain holes having 4 as its par. If any hole should have that par, its 7. Otherwise, the large majority of players should get par or less.
Cons: - No real cons to the course game-play wise, only with course overall
- Some families walk right through the course while your playing, so you will have to pause for them to move.
^^ Watch out for little kids, for they will grab discs and then throw them back to you.
- Local wildlife can be a problem
- Smoking is allowed and people will drink
Other Thoughts: - All and all, a good course and just great for beginners. Beautiful park, not many distractions, the ability to make an ace on some hole is a plus.
- There is no hours for the park, so Neon and Glow golf is a plus here, and good lighting means you can kinda see your discs without much trouble. Bring a flashlight and remember to charge those glow discs
3 of 12 people found this review helpful.
Pros: Everything is laid out very simply. Great for beginners, or experienced players who want to hone mid-range approach shots. Three holes with water. Shorter smaller park that can be played very quickly. Good pads and holes. Well Kept.
Cons: Lots of geese, and bystanders on most days. Very dirty water. Long walk back to the car. Over-driven shots often wind up in the parking lots.
Other Thoughts: Absolutely great course for everyday practice. I go out there on a daily basis and have never had too many problems. The worst is the water, and most times, the disc won't be worth retrieving.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Excellent Learning Course
Pros: Great variety of shots needed, really a great course to work on approach shots.
Cons: No cons really #7 is long, but keeping the disc down out of the wind will keep it going a long way between the hill on the right and the baseball field fence on the left.
Other Thoughts: When I lived there I played daily at this course. Great course for beginner to intermediate golfers to hone their skills.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: good mix of challenges, water comes into play on several holes, attractive neighborhood multiuse park that incorporates the disc golf course well
Cons: one ridiculously long hole (#7). Wind can be a problem here sometimes, discs can fly over the baseball fence and require a long walk to retrieve.
Other Thoughts: concrete tees on all holes, nice layout
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.