Horn Lake, MS
Latimer Lakes Share
Uploaded By: indianawolf Hole #13 (Taken 7/2011)
3 / 227ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Varied Mississsippi Course!

1    8/11/2008   8/21/2008
Pros: Latimer Lakes Course has a variety of holes, wide open grassy throws, wooded technical throws and some elevation to play with. Hole # 1 is a fairly long huck across the lake. The problem is that teepad is not quite lined up with where the basket is. I didn't like the risk/reward and decided to skip it. #s 2 & 3 are across the little park road before crossing back to the big, grassy field for # 4, a open 330' toss across a field. Then you head into the woods for some technical throws. # 10 opens up again before coming back into the trees for the final 8. The teepads are fine. The signs are fine but finding the next teepad is not always easy. I liked the combination of open versus technical woodsy holes. The park itself is very pretty. It's a challenge enough for most players. Not a good course for beginners or families.
Cons: Some of the wooded holes were more luck than technical. There wasn't really a flight path to the basket. # 10 is a 570' hole with a parking lot on the left. I don't know if that lot ever fills up because if it does I'm sure some discs will hyser over into the cars. Holes 2 & 3 are kinda of easy to miss. # 17 is a bear of a hole. A long tunnel shot with deep rough on the left and the lake partially on the right. Some folks might call that hole a pro.
Other Thoughts: I just didn't like the flow of the course starting with the first hole over water. I would like to see one of middle holes over water or maybe a finishing hole. I don't like starting my round by throwing over a lake, especially a fairly, long tough, angle shot. If I lived close to here I'd make the drive one exit north to the Central Park course.