West Monroe, LA
Lazarre DGC Share
Uploaded By: WSP420 Hole #19 (Taken 7/2013)
4 / 372ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Great Course!

1    11/18/2008   12/10/2008
Review By: ambroze
Pros: What a sweet course this is. I had a chance to play this course while in LA and it's a good one. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.
Cons: Did not take full advantage of the lake that runs along the course. There should have been more water shots. Other than that, that's all.

Pretty good place to play

5+    5/18/2008   8/29/2008
Review By: johnt1969
Pros: I played the Lazarre disc golf courses while I was working in the area and they're pretty good courses. There is a combination of open and wooded holes with some water that can come in to play on bad shots. There are a few very long holes here so you can definitely work on developing your distance. There are also some nice tight holes in the woods.

The course has a slight bit of elevation change but not too much. There are nice poured concrete tee pads, decent tee signs and good baskets. It is also pretty easy to navigate this course without a map. There was just a couple places that will possibly have you looking for a minute or so.

The course is in a multi use park but we never had any trouble with people in our way at any point.
Cons: There's really not too many bad things to say about the course here. It's a good place to play and I'll definitely come back when I'm working in the area.

I don't consider it too much of a con but this isn't the most beginner friendly course if they play from the concrete tee pads. The course plays long and there is a chance of lost discs in the water on a few holes. If I was with a beginner I would play a shorter "safari" version of the course. With that in mind, it would be nice to have multiple tee pads on this course. There's enough room for multiple pin positions here as well. I don't remember if the baskets are sleeved though.

For people traveling to this course. We never felt like it was unsafe but we were told by some locals that this park is not in a good area. With that in mind we never left our bags to go scout a hole. I don't know if it's really not a safe place. Hopefully some local disc golfers will come on here and clear that up.

My only other beef is a general one with courses that are a goofy number of holes. Golf courses are not 6 holes or 13 holes or 21 holes. They're 9 or 18 holes. Putting in extra holes for the heck of it always seems silly to me.
Other Thoughts: A comment regarding my evaluation of courses. I am not trying to insult or hurt any ones feelings when I review a course. These are just my opinions and they should be taken with a grain of salt. Play the course, make your own decisions, and then post them here for everyone to see.

My reviews are based on what I feel are important characteristics of a good course. Disc golf has become a large enough sport that I feel we should strive for better than we have now. Just putting 18 holes in a park isn't enough. 18 pole holes does not make a good disc golf course. It requires tee's, signs, maps, solid course design and constant maintenance. Any less than that and we will never advance the sport to a reputable level.

Home Course

6/4/2008   6/4/2008
Review By: ChrisULM
Pros: Well kept 21 hole course that offers a variety of shots. Offers a mix of very long to short holes. Signs and concrete tee-pads on every hole make it very easy to navigate for new players. Plenty of room to bomb drives! (I love hole #5)
Cons: Longer holes may be challenging to new players.
Other Thoughts: The longer holes force you to improve your form and control in the driving aspect of the game. Playing this course regularly has greatly improved my driving distance.

Home Course

1/18/2008   1/21/2008
Review By: Glen Smith
Pros: Very challenging,and it also has a highwater course(It is on the Ouachita River)Which is even more challenging.There is lots of room for the two courses so the holes are pretty much in a row,making them easier to locate for a new commer.The local players are very friendly as well as helpful to any one unfamiliar to the course.
Cons: It has one hole which I think is a little excesive in distance. A couple of places you should be sure to have a floater unless you are a lot more skilled than myself.
Other Thoughts: The overall atmosphere and course conditions are great. We always enjoy seeing new players as well as players from other areas playing the course.

Lazarre Review

1/17/2008   1/18/2008
Review By: sketch72
Pros: Lots of challenges to both test your abilities, as well as improve them. Concrete sitting areas for rest in between drives, and scenic view of the Ouachita River.
Cons: For me, not yet having the distance I need, Hole 5 is nearly impossible to make par on due to its immense distance. There are a couple of tees that are missing signs.
Other Thoughts: On some of the holes, 17 for instance, the less experienced player may want to throw a floater as there is a great possibility of landing in the river.

1 2 Next >