5 Helpful / 0 Not
Bad Bad Leroy Brown!
Pros: 1) There are some very unique shaped holes here which create some different shot making requirements. It is awkward on one hole but it is certainly unique. It is very different than any hole I have ever played.
2) Red and Blue posts with the hole number and stenciled in white help with navigation and mark the long and short tees. There is also a board in the ground to mark the front of the tee.
3) Hole #4 is a very unique hole with a straight dogleg left and a basket tucked to the right. There is brush on both sides and the fairway approach is tight so it is all about placement on this hole,
4) There are some fun wooded holes down in the woods. They are certainly challenging but fun to throw.
5) I know it is tacky looking because it looks like this place was just a landfill but the old threshing machines in the background on Hole #6 are pretty cool looking. They are rusted and likely will never move, but I think they give this rural farm course some character. The old unusable refrigerator on the edge of the woods definitely takes away from the character but there were two threshing machines.
6) This is the only disc golf course for this community and it is a good effort. It is not top notch and will never draw people to the course but it exposes the local community to the game. I think it was a landfill but I am not sure what else this land would have been used for, so why not throw in disc golf.
7) Excellent mix of open and wooded holes. There was a little bit of everything in terms of foliage density. Variety is the spice of life.
Cons: 1) I found barbed wire in a couple spots. I also found an old refrigerator on the edge of the woods and all sorts of other trash. This leads me to believe it was an old landfill that they were looking to do something with the land. I am thankful they decided on disc golf but saddened some of the junk is still visible. I simply think disc golf deserves a little better.
2) There are a couple of confusing spots where other baskets are visible from the tee. The most egregious of this was on Hole #4, I threw to the #5 basket unknowingly, but then I saw the basket in to the left.
3) Dirt tees have been eroded in the woods, but most of the turf tees are in ok condition. I assume this is mostly because of lack of play.
4) Distance variation is not enough. It is hard on only 9 holes but I think it is ok to have some holes in the 100's, 200's and 300's on this course. You can still use the great basket locations and the best part of the woods, but to have 8 holes of very similar length and one longer hole just takes away from my enjoyment.
5) Old Innova DIscatchers are showing some rust, but they still seemed to catch as well as Discatchers do. I have a feeling this property floods from time to time and the baskets might take some abuse in the wooded section of the park.
6) The overgrowth might overtake the woods because this course likely does not get lot of play. The more play it gets the better the brush would be.
Other Thoughts: There are some fun holes overall, the dual tees add some distance and change a few of the shots, but overall this course is just sub par . . . meaning it is not quite good enough to call "average" but it still has some redeeming features. I think they did just about the best they could with the land, but there are a couple ideas I have that would make more sense to me. This was course #3 on my month long road-trip and a good example of what to do on a small town park, but overall it was just lacking in quality.
Overall a good effort, lacking oin maintenance just slightly, but still fun and challenging. There are some fun holes and also some boring holes but overall it is a pretty decent mix, especially for a small town.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 6 Not
kent sign is not there
Pros: nice baskets
Other Thoughts: cant wait to play in warmer dryer weather -
both sets of tees
KENT sign NOT there > turn left after hotel then first road after WATER tower turn right 1 approx around bend then 3 silos and fence. look for hole 1 tee sign - big post
2 of 8 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 3 Not
Poison Ivy Farm???
Pros: -The muddy, tree filled land is used nicely.
-I saw a deer. :)
Cons: -After driving by the course 3 times, I finally found it. Not really that impressive. Very muddy and trash filled. Some of the Tee Blocks were on the ground, making them hard to find.
Other Thoughts: Don't come here...it's very dirty and the course is in the middle of no-where.
I saw a Geologist doing tests here on the river the runs behind some holes to make sure it was even safe to play here, haha.
Definitely not coming back.
3 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.