Cedar Hill, TX
Lester Lorch Park - Coyote DGC Share
Uploaded By: cooleyes37 Hole #3 (Taken 3/2009)
Hole #3 Tee: Plays straight down the rocky path for maybe 175' before turning fairly sharply to the right for another 80-90' to the pin.

Best ever

5+    8/1/2013   8/3/2013
Review By: EL WORM
Pros: Best course of the two at the park.. One hole that me and my friends call the "Kunya" is my fav. Its a 200+ yards hole that goes down hill and tucks right under a big tree.. Best course ever played
Cons: Needs lighting for night time gaming
Other Thoughts: would be nice if they sold discs or equipment at the park

My new favorite course.

1    4/8/2013   4/8/2013
Review By: FairwayBeast
Pros: This course is amazing! My buddies and I have been touring DFW and this is the best I've played yet. A really nice mix of technicality. I'm a huge fan of bear creek but this course is way better. Not to mention it has two courses on one plot. Also the first time a sank a 106 foot fairway drive. I counted every foot.
Cons: I really didn't find anything that I disliked here. It's a really fun course and well planed.
Other Thoughts: It's a bit of a drive but you can play ALL day here and not be disappointed.

Awesome

1    6/1/2011   6/1/2011
Review By: jbain2012
Pros: Wow this course was a lot of fun very wooded and secluded from the next hole. This is a quiet course that has plenty of challenges but is still exciting enough to want to come back and play again.
Cons: Some tees are harder to find from the basket but not too bad. Some poison ivy so be careful when you miss the fairway.
Other Thoughts: This is a really fun course and if you make it down there you definitely need to hit this one up.

EPIC Disc Golf Dallas tour!!!

1    12/11/2010   12/11/2010
Review By: HellmuthBoi
This review was updated on 4/26/2013
Pros: Very impressive Dallas course! Most courses in Dallas are in wide open areas, Coyote is the complete opposite. Beautiful scenery in a forrest trek, and an extremely well thought layout. This was my first time playing and it was no trouble at all to get through the entire course. I have paid to play in courses that are similar in design to Coyote, where the trees are used as the path. The course was very clean and signs were clear with little to no graffiti. The shots were very challenging with a variety of different paths needed for the deuce. A mid range disc or even a hard putter is crucial for tee offs at this course. Tree lines work well as the rough area you don't want to be in. Holes are short and sweet and they will really test your accuracy. I cannot say enough about how INCREDIBLE this course is!
Cons: My only complaint about Coyote is that it is mostly short game. I feel that long range holes can be just as technical as the short ones. There are no holes that are much longer than 400ft. If Coyote had a solid 800 footer or a couple of 600s, that would make this course into the perfect disc golf experience. Still this is a very sexy course to play.
Other Thoughts: What I found funny is that people would skip Beaver completely to play Coyote. Two groups I saw played number 7 of Beaver and then went straight to play 1 of Coyote. I think I saw maybe 3 out of 15 people playing Beaver. I want to say that if they had made the two courses originally one MEGA-Course, it would have been an Unstoppable force of human nature. I can only imagine, but i digress. The Two courses are so cool to play in succession, with the exception of number 9 on Beaver. There was something up with the drainage system because it was very muddy and it hadn't been raining lately.

Fun, shaded, challenging

1    8/28/2010   8/28/2010
Review By: mdarket
This review was updated on 9/11/2010
Pros: Shaded fairways on 14/18 holes
Variety of shots
Heavy woods
Great hiking
No water shots, unlike the Beaver course
Well maintained
Nice area
Tee markers
Baskets are marked
Maps on every tee box
Cons: Snakes
Parking is near the front 18 "Beaver"
Other Thoughts: This is the best course I've played in the DFW area.

Thanks for all the negative ratings. WTF? ;)

My absolute favorite course of all time

5+    9/19/2008   10/24/2008
Review By: RustyP
Pros: I can't stress enough how much I love this place and feel pure joy every time I play a round on the Coyote Course at Lorch Park. Although I believe that the Beaver course offers a little more variety (with water as part of the equation), the fun-factor and technicality of Coyote makes it the best in my opinion!

Hole 1 of this course begins near the basket for #16 on the other course in the park (Beaver), and is one of the only open holes on the course. I think the overall message of Hole 1 is "get ready, because this is the last time you'll get to grip-it and rip-it today." Hole 2 was lengthened last year, and is now a 420' tunnel nightmare...but in a very, very good way. The next 11 were cut out of dense Cedar woods, and are mostly short (<350') and very technical. Hole 3 is a dogleg-right, Hole 4 a dogleg-left, Hole 5 another dogleg-right...then 6-8 are all pretty straight, but very very tight. Hole 9 is one of the toughest on the course...6' wide slightly downhill fairway with a 90-degree right turn about 175' off the tee, then another 200' through narrow gaps to the well-protected pin. Hole 10 in the new pin placement is one of my personal favorites...its a flat fairway flanked by thick woods on both sides up until the ~300' mark, at which point the fairway jumps fairly drastically up 2 plateaus covered in trees, with the basket perched just out of sight on the top plateau. 11-13 are fairly routine compared to the previous holes, but still offer plenty of chances to catch a branch and take a bogey. At hole 14 the course finally opens up again, with a nice open downhill shot. The course finishes up with one of it's signature holes - a short (<200') downhill ace-run through a VERY narrow (I would guess 5' wide) fairway before opening up to a slightly downhill grassy green. Getting the bird on this hole is a great way to finish your round.

My favorite aspect of the Coyote course aside from the wonderful technicality offered by most of the holes is the fact that each hole (with the exception of 14-16) feels totally separate from the rest of the course. It's like each hole is it's own little world, which typically leads me to throw several discs on each shot :)

This course also does a great job of incorporating subtle elevation changes on almost every hole.
Cons: It's a good walk from the parking lot to Coyote #1, but you'll forget all about it once you start playing. There aren't any port-o-johns near this course (both are in the parking lot), but there are plenty of woods ;)

Also, a few of the concrete tees are a little short, but I'm sure the course director will address that soon enough.
Other Thoughts: With 2 top-notch courses in one DISC GOLF ONLY park, you simply can't go wrong with Lorch Park! The course designer/director, Brian Lamoreax, has done an excellent job keeping the course clean and always has great ideas on how to incrementally improve the park one hole at a time. The only thing, in my opinion, that could make Lorch Park even better would be a 3rd course.

This is Coyote Love Baby!

5+    4/14/2010   9/17/2008
Review By: Donovan
This review was updated on 5/31/2010
Pros: The two Lester Lorch courses are the bomb! Coyote is the rear course. This course is a fantastic trek through the woods. The elevation changes are subtle and the hole design is a total technical mayhem adventure. I was enjoying this course so much; I could not wait to see what the next hole was like. Some of the fairways seemed a bit narrow from the tee-pad, but were completely fair once you walked them. I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful this place is. There are multiple cement tee-pads and baskets on many of the holes. There was a real effort involved to build up some of these tee-pads with their brick borders to make them level. This course has metal-poled tee signs with directions to the next tee and the multiple footages clearly marked. There were trashcans on almost every hole and some even between holes (so very clean). There were many seating areas along the way and stumps to set your bag down on. I suppose you could lose a disc here if you are not paying attention, but we didn't really have a problem (bright colors).

Update: Bathroom has been added to the parking lot.
Cons: Some of the tee-pads were a bit shorter than others and there was very little water on this course. I guess that is all the negatives I could find, except they supposedly used to raise snakes in this area, but I never saw a single one.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor here is awesome! I can't stress enough at how great this course was. I marked it as one of my favorites and I would play it most of the time if it weren't such a drive to get there with traffic on the weekdays. I really hope you get a chance to play at Lester Lorch Park in Cedar Hill; you won't be disappointed.

The Ultimate in Disc Golf Parks

6/4/2008   6/4/2008
Review By: DiscGolfJunkie
Pros: I truthfully cannot remember if the Coyote is the course that is at the front of the park or not but I will assume it is......
Cedar Hill is REDICUOUSLY awesome... The drive out there is awesome then you get there and BAM noone uses the park but Disc Golfers.... The course is an interesting mix of different types of holes that call for BHD,FHD, sometimes lots of power, sometimes lots of finesse, but it is ALWAYS scenic and a blast to play. This park used to be a place where they raise snakes so look out. The course offers some elevation changes and forces you into unusual shot situations.(For me at least)
Cons: The start of this course is a little too easy. Hole 1 is an easy par and 2 and 3 are WAY too easy to duece. IMHO. However, this park is soo awesome I feel like an ass for listing cons.
Other Thoughts: If you havent played there and you live in DFW..... you are kidding yourself. Take a day off... buy a 12 pack...... BYOBud..... and have at it....

technical masters only

5/10/2008   5/15/2008
Review By: myoung
Pros: this course will make you practice every shot possible. this course will also make you work on your technical, and finese game. these two courses are the best in the dfw
Cons: NONE