Toccoa, GA
Liberty Baptist Church Share
Uploaded By: sfeather Hole #3
5 / --   5 / --   5 / 453ft.   5 / -- Par / Distance:

A big fluffy bucket of "don't care"

1    4/24/2010   4/24/2010
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: If they come to their senses someone could probably get a good deal on 9 baskets.
The church is saving the environment by not running a lawnmower at any regular intervals.
Cons: Unbelievably unkempt. Neglected is not even strong enough of a word to use here.
No fairways to speak of. There are some flight paths for your disc to travel by but for YOU to get to your disc you might have to get creative.
Big piles of wood and brush in the "fairway" of 5...looks like snake hiding heaven.
Hole lengths that are absolutely silly for what should be the intended users, why does a church course that should be kid friendly need a 400+' hole?
A 300 foot hole consisting of 290' of concrete parking lot followed by a basket shoved in the woods with no clear entry.
Hole 5 with thick heavy brush around 40' to 60' off the tee making it impossible for kids to tee off.
Hole 6 with thick heavy brush around 60' to 80' past the tee making it impossible for kids to approach.
Other Thoughts: The state of disrepair of this course is sad. I am sure the reason the course is not used is because it is so poorly designed and frankly unplayable for children and barely so for adults. My daughter and I played today and I let her quit after 4 holes but I refused to quit because I was playing my first round with my off hand and needed to finish.
The only thing I can recommend is that someone call the church and offer them a deal on their discatcher sport baskets.

1    10/30/2008   11/22/2008
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: Inspiring Tee signs. Good lay out.
Cons: course is heavily overgrown with weeds and fallen trees.
Other Thoughts: I could of picked the other course in town, but was drawn to this one. What brought me to the course? GOD, the Disc Gods, fate??

This course on this churches property needs some love. I have love to give (just as so many other people do). I spent at least an hour of my traveling time to spruce up the fairways and paths leading to the next tee. I didn't mean to offend or tear apart the land, just add a little love where it was needed. It gave me just as good a feeling as playing one of the best courses in the World.

Disc Golf courses needs all of us to pitch in and do your share.