Little Axe, OK
Little Axe DGC Share
Uploaded By: Heathen Hole #8 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / 180ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #8 Am Tee

You Better Bring Your Line Shaping Mids

2-4    1/9/2013   1/9/2013
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Great concrete tees
Tees were marked well
Good baskets
Well defined fairways (mostly tight)
Decent risk/reward
Great to work on your midrange game
Great use of the trees and boundaries
Work on your line shaping
Multiple tees change lines as well as length
Easy logical navigation
Great to take newbies/family to
Good for beginners to intermediate/advanced
Newbies will love the length
Advanced will love the chance to improve their midrange game and ace chances
#1's basket is perfect to practice putting on before the round
Not crowded
Quick rounds
Where you might need to cross an OB fence there are easy access bridges
Good solid benches
Trashcans abound
Very well kept
Bridges are in great shape and solid
Plenty of parking
Bathroom (port-a-john)
Cons: Tee signs mostly just had hole #
A couple had distance also
Some holes played close (No big deal to me)
Could get crowded during a tourny
The new dirt in some spots will get muddy after a rain
Short (NBD to me)
Not many cons this course has a little for everybody
Other Thoughts: This course is definately worth a trip from Norman or anywhere close by. This is one of the best midrange courses I have been to. You can leave the drivers in the car and give your mids/putters a great workout. Very fun little 9 hole course. Play both tees for a few more holes. If you live in the area you should definately play this course every so often. Play a quick round or two then go to the longer/more difficult courses to round out your day. Not the most challenging course but worth the time.

My "disc rating" is based heavily on fun factor, and this course has plenty, then I adjust up or down for amenities.

PM me and let me know how I can be "more helpful" or just how to improve my reviews.

5+    4/19/2009   4/19/2009
Review By: Heathen
This review was updated on 3/9/2011
Pros: This is a great little short course. A place to shoot for aces and practice your short game. There are enough obstacles to check your accuracy and to provide some opportunity to change up your throws on a few holes. A great place to throw a friendly relaxing game, to introduce the game to someone, or to bring the kids.

I give a little extra on the rating for this course for its amenities. Easy to follow, holes well marked, paths, benches everywhere, concrete tees, and multiple tees. They've put some effort into this course and it shows.
Cons: It's not a course for those looking for a serious game or a real challenge.

It can get a little spongey after a rain in places, but not too bad.
Other Thoughts: I love this little course. I play it often when I'm in Oklahoma. It's great for short game practice and there's LOTS of ace runs. (Not that I've hit any yet)