Great Course For Newbees
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Very easy to navigate, clear open shots, nice walk. Located in great neighborhood. Lots of fun.
Cons: Be careful of drainage ditch that runs along first few baskets you will lose disc.
Other Thoughts: I will play this course again very soon.
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Pros: - Several fun shots
- Well maintained
- Lots of trash cans and easy parking
Cons: - Very basic course
- Busy park with lots of people walking through fairways
- Got boring quick (not a lot of variety)
Other Thoughts: Good effort at a neighborhood course. Definitely has the beginner/rec player in mind. Advance and above should look at some the other area courses.
Worth playing again
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Real nice course/park that is maintained. Real easy to navigate except for maybe one hole transition. There's really no way you can lose a disc unless it falls in the creek, then it simply float downstream but when I went it wasn't even halfway full. Short and long holes throughout. Couple ace runs. Uses the trees real well.
Cons: Lots of holes don't have a sign or marker. Tee pads were okay but some were just awkward. The first half of the course is all short holes it seemed, got boring kinda quick but no big deal. Very occupied park, lots of people walking so had to pause a few times before throwing. One hole is right by a road so if you aren't that good very possible to interfere with cars. Last hole is by the playground, can be dangerous if kids are playing around it.
Other Thoughts: Overall nice course. It's kept clean and mowed. This course is more on the beginner side but has it's holes to try and challenge you. They did a great job of using the trees it has as obstacles. The short holes are very aceable which help keep it fun. And there no fear of losing a disc. I'll for sure come back again
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Easy to find the first hole since it is next to the parking lot
- Park is well maintained
- Large concrete tees
- Easy to navigate for people new to the course with the exception of going to hole 11 to 12. There is a concrete tee slightly to the left and behind basket 11 that people tend to go to, so they end up throwing at basket 1. The tee for 12 is to the right, across the walking path and there is a tee sign for it
- Difficult to lose a disc. If you can't find your disc and you are next to the drainage creek, odds are you are going to have to walk/run downstream to find it
- The holes make the most out of the few trees there are on the course and can provide a slight challenge to newer players
- Fun ace runs
Cons: - There is a walking/bike path that is alongside the majority of holes
- Hole 6 has a busy road that plays to the left which may be a problem for beginners or when the wind kicks up
- The basket for 18 has a playground to the left, a backstop that is often used for baseball to the right and a swing set behind the basket. There are often kids walking in front of the basket as well. (Should only be a problem for beginners or when there is strong winds)
- Distances are wrong on the tee signs that are there and haven't fallen apart
Other Thoughts: - Beginner course that would be boring for an advanced player
- There are benches throughout the park but not at the tees, they are located along the walking path and can be in the way on holes 10 and 11 when teeing off
- Drinking fountain by the tee pad of hole 10 is only turned on during the summer
- Holes 1-12 are short with well placed trees that give it a little bit of a challenge but not much
- Holes 13-18 are the longer holes but are wide open
- The course dries out quickly with the exception of hole 1 and around the basket of 2
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Great for beginners
Pros: -Concrete tee pads
-A few benches on the jogging trail and near the pavilions
-Great place to bring beginners
-Optimal utilization of the few obstacles that are present in the park
-Start and stop near the main parking lot
-It is impossible to lose a disc
Cons: -Baskets are starting to age and lean a bit
-A few tee signs and "next tee" signs are missing
-There were a few boring open shots towards the end
-The course plays very close (and across) a somewhat busy sidewalk
Other Thoughts: This course was the first course I played on a while back. I am still a beginner, so note that these comments come from one who is still learning.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 14 Not
The Best Course In DFW!
Pros: Flowing water in canals is never more than a few inches deep.
Avg play time for our group of 4 usually runs about 45 minutes.
In addition to its routine maintenance, various areas have been spray painted to mark future additions and modifications to enhance the course's features!
Cons: Sidewalk comes into play on most holes so once or twice you may have to wait a minute for a sweet elderly couple to pass clear. Playground and practice field can occasionally make hole 18 a unique challenge.
Other Thoughts: Hole #1: Aceable, short-drive/long midrange shot through trees with a clear cut path. Path arched left like a ")" *Don't overthrow*.
Hole #2: Aceable. Easy-drive distance with a left or right split depending on how you throw. *Sidewalk on right*
Hole#3: Straight and longer than previous holes. Basket surrounded by trees but birdie-able. *You'll hit the canal if you drive far left or overshoot a putt*.
Hole #4: Aceable. Split left/right for your choice of throw. *Keep throw low to avoid low branches*
Hole#5: Long-open and off-centered to the right. *Canal on runs along the left of the fairway*
Hole#6: Long-straight. *Tough drop-off behind basket into canal so easy on the putts*
Hole#7: Straight. Basket on a slight slope. *Canal runs along the right of the fairway and encircles the basket.*
Hole#8: Straight with trees lining left fairway and canal on right. *A usual headwind on this hole can send your disc way right or left so keep it low.*
Hole#9: Straight with trees left of the basket. Open and easy to carve your own flightpath.
Hole#10: Long-slight left- trees divide the fairway into a 2 halves (basket half/tee half). *Street on left lined with trees*
Hole #11: Straight and relatively narrow. *Low hung tree just past the tee...street on left lined with trees. Sidewalk and Tee#4 on right.*
Hole#12: Last of the 'shorter holes'. Straight but a wide shot due to the tree in the middle. *If you choose to go through the middle, keep it low!!!*
Hole#13: Long, straight w/ slight right. *We play this as a par 4 because the tall trees in the middle can be bitches*
Hole #14: Very long. Bomb shot. Restrooms on left hand side force a drive rightward as opposed to launching it wrecklessly.
Hole #15: Straight and across a ditch. *Big tree behind basket so don't overthrow*
Hole #16: Long-Straight-Bomb Shot. Trees spaced out along left fairway. *Sun setting can get right in the eyes on this shot*
Hole #17: Very long- very open. Let it fly baby! *Ditch beyond basket and slight-slope.*
Hole#18: Straight *Practice field on right and playground 10 o'clock to the basket. So watch unattended child who may have wandered toward the basket.*
6 of 20 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 1 Not
L.L. Woods Review
Pros: Lots of Good Looks.
Relatively easy to follow.
Great course for night golf. Open and a limited number of trees with a lot of choices for shots.
It would take an unfortunate miracle to lose a disc at this course.
Last few holes are long and open if you want to chunk one.
I'd give it a 3.5 as a night golf course and a 2.5 as a day course. I'll average those to 3 for an overall rating.
Cons: In the middle of a neighborhood on a long and narrow track.
A few baskets are very close together and could be annoying for anyone not familiar with the course.
Joggers and dog walkers using the trails woven between a good number of holes.
The only bathroom is near #1 and it is an open course in the middle of a neighborhood.
Other Thoughts: The ground was hard and the grass short when I played this course. I noticed discs were skipping quite a bit more than my home courses. Players should be careful not to overthrow because of an unexpected skip.
8 of 9 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Nice flat beginner or refresher course
Appears to be well groomed and tree maintenance is current
Cons: No apparent course map available
Most of the tee maps and guide markers appear to be broken or missing
No marked baskets
Some baskets too close to others and being unmarked makes them impossible to tell which one to throw to
Would be nice to have alternate tee or basket options - plenty of room for that
Other Thoughts: This course was very frustrating to play for the first time since no map was available and the tee makers, maps, and basket markers were often missing. Otherwise this could be a decent beginner 18 basket course since it's nice and flat but often challenged by wind.
Please PM me if you find this or any of my other reviews "not helpful". I'm just posting my oppinion which is what reviewing should be about. I don't think anything I posted was untrue about the course, if you are to play the course today for the first time without a map, I'm sure you would run into much of the same issues that myself and the folks I was playing with did above. Not trying to offend anyone. I appreciate constructive feedback so I can improve future reviews for this and other courses. Thanks!
2 of 6 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 2 Not
Decent course in city park
Pros: - Very nice teepads, no complaints about them being too short.
- Course is in a well-kept city park in a nice neighborhood. Grass is mowed
- Fairly easy to navigate as a first-timer; course generally has good flow from hole to hole, and most of the baskets have signage nearby pointing to the next tee
- A few interesting shots taking into account the (dry today) drainage ditch that runs through the park: #5 plays as an island hole surrounded by the ditch, #7 pin sits a few feet in front of the ditch adding a bit of risk.
Cons: - The course plays on either side of a walking/jogging/biking path (marked as OB) which was in use constantly while I was there. Beware the pedestrians/bicyclers.
- A few signs are missing or damaged; some do have some questionable distances listed. The course map on this site seems to have pretty accurate distances listed.
- The course is pretty level elevation-wise.
- There are trees around most of the course, but nothing that would give a technical feel or provide much in the way of challenging lines. #14-18 in particular are fairly wide open.
- All but two holes are under 400ft in length, and half are under 300ft. Big arms won't get much use out here, which would be a "con" for some.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't call this either a technical course or a place to really air out some throws, but it definitely would be a good place for a beginner, or anyone just looking for relatively quick round. It seems like this course be a decent warm-up for Lake Lewisville DCG. This is a course that would be difficult to hate or to really love.
6 of 8 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Its a great course for people new to the game
It will be impossible to lose a disc
It has great up keep
Nice concrete tees
Great warmup course for Lake Lewisville
Cons: People everywhere, be careful not to hit them
No elevation changes
All holes are straight forward
Other Thoughts: Look this is a VERY straight forward course! It is easy to navigate from hole to hole and you can always see the basket you are shooting for. This course is ideal for those who are just starting to play and trying to learn as it is very open and doesn't have too many trees to avoid. For those who have been playing a while this course will just be simple and kind of boring...but to help you can play sidewalks OB to help narrow the field and give a little more challenge. If you play this before the lake it does make a good warm up course.
Note - I would appreciate not getting thumbs down because I didn't "praise" this course, it is what it is.
2 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.