1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Boards in the ground mark the tees although a few of them were not found by me.
2) Mach baskets with the number plates facing the tee . . . nice work!
3) Benches were available along the upper ridge on the first few holes.
4) Good variety of where you get the challenge on this course. First three holes present elevation change and wind. Holes 4-6 are all fairly short flat and open and this is where you need to get your birdies. Then holes 7-9 present you with dense woods to navigate.
5) Hole distances are varied somewhat creating different holes with distance variation.
6) Turf is in good condition in most spots.
7) Course seems to be free of garbage.
Cons: 1) Signs are missing or destroyed in most places, boards in the ground are very tough to find in spots,
2) Navigation from 6-7 is not intuitive at all and there is no sign.
3) Not enough challenge on this course to bring me back often.
4) Hole #8 and 9 needs some serious cleaning to make the hole "realistic". If this happens the course will be much better.
5) Grass tees in the open areas and dirt in the woods.
Other Thoughts: This course is jekyll and hyde because the first 3 holes are nearly wide open and use elevation as about the only interest. Holes 4-6 are flat and wide open, and Holes 7-9 include the only trees on the course, but Holes 8 and 9 seem to just be too tight to be a really good holes. Some underbrush needs to be removed to have a "realistic fairway", but overall there is a balance that makes this course playable.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
One of the better school courses
Pros: -Good baskets
-Decent tee signage
-Good distance and shot shape variety
Cons: -Dirt tees
-Navigation a bit confusing at the end
Other Thoughts: It's a typical school layout, running around the periphery of the school grounds. The good news is that it doesn't conflict with school playgrounds, so one could play it during school hours, but it might be discouraged. There is a nice variety of terrain to throw, but it's mostly wide open. The last two holes follow a nature trail through some thick woods. Hole distances are appropriate for the width of the fairways.
The final three holes are across the road, so some simple signage leading the way would be nice.
In all, a nice 9 holes for most skill levels.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.