Palatine, IL
Margreth Riemer Reservoir Share
Uploaded By: notapro Hole #5 (Taken 11/2010)

1 2 3 Next >
 C = Cool concept, but falls short of potential

1    5/14/2009   5/25/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B (It is not the beauty per se, but the very unique feeling of playing on a wide open hillside that is really cool to me.)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

Quick and fun

5+    4/18/2009   5/6/2009
Review By: beardown4life
Pros: fair terrain changes. mowed fairways with long rough. reservoir can eat your disc right up. Good place to work on your short/midrange game.
Cons: too short. could continue across the street and expand to 18 holes.
Other Thoughts: small yet quick and slightly challenging. never really crowded.

1    5/28/2005   2/3/2009
Review By: bjreagh
This review was updated on 1/26/2010
Pros: This 9 holer in Chicago is not that difficult, but it can be pretty challenging. It is in a nice park. The holes are primarily mowed fairways cut through tall prairie grass. The course also plays on some pretty steep hills (sort of an oddity for Chicago).

Navigation is a breeze (no pun intended- see cons.) It did not take very long to play this course, so if you want to get in a quick round, this is the place.

This course will definitely test your accuracy (more like ability to land your disc exactly where you want it- you can take any shot shape you want on most holes as they are open as long as you get above the level of the grass) It will also test your ability to throw in strong winds and also mental toughness while you are searching for your discs and everyone elses.
Cons: It is very easy to lose your disc in the rough or down the hills. The narrow fairways can be hard to hit, especially in the wind (which is present often), but it is Chicago!!!

The holes begin to get repetitive. And then you get frustrated when looking for your disc in the tall grass all the time. (again, narrow fairways, strong winds, and very steep hills can make for tough conditions for many experienced players.)

This park was pretty busy with walkers, joggers, and bikers so use caution.
Other Thoughts: There is not a whole lot wrong with this course, it is pretty nice for those that may live close, but this is not one you would want to travel long distances or out of your way to play. I played it while visiting my sister. We had fun, but one time for this course is enough for me.

tricky 9 holes

6/10/2008   6/13/2008
Review By: discNDav
Pros: Great elevation used around a reservior.
Scenic.
Easy to follow around.
Cons: Only 9 holes.
Tall grass off the 10-15 ft fairways makes it easy to loose a disc.
Known for a lot of wind.
Other Thoughts: The fairway grass is not cut wide enough. Beginners will have have trouble with this and the wind.

windy all the time!

10/25/2006   11/26/2007
Review By: NIBSTOOLS
Pros: fun lunchtime course. Was right around the corner from Motorola campus. variety of terrain makes it interesting.
Cons: Watch where your disc goes! if you have an errant throw the shwag on the sides is just about the thickest I've seen
Other Thoughts: Trying to get my boss to send me back to Schaumburg for more classes so I can play on all your fun courses!

1 2 3 Next >