Course Extinct
Westchester, IL
Mayfair Park Share
Uploaded By: Disc Golf Greg Hole #2 (Taken 8/2008)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #2 Tee: Basket located past the tree in the middle 30' feet or so past it.

1 2 Next >
 D Grade = Dud

1    4/9/2009   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- D
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- D
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- D+
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factor...more accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I say adds anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

Quick, short but fun

1    3/13/2009   3/13/2009
Review By: gvan
Pros: Some fun challenges make this course worth playing.

It's a great course to introduce someone to the sport because the par is achievable the first few times out.

Cons: All the holes are pretty short. Only hole #3 really allowed a decent power toss and even that is reachable for most players with a midrange.

Though there are a couple of hols with fun precision shots, most of it is straight forward. An experienced golfer can expect to get 2s on most holes.
Other Thoughts: A couple of the holes are near pedestrian areas, so some care is required and one hole crosses a pedestrian path. The park was not terribly busy the times I played, but even so we had to exercies care.

5+    8/27/2008   8/27/2008
Review By: Disc Golf Greg
This review was updated on 7/30/2010
Pros: -All baskets are in good condition
-Course loops back to the start
-Trash can]
-Rest room inside park building
-Not crowded
Cons: -Tee pads are dirt
-Signs for basket #1, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 9 are missing
-Nowhere to sit
-Not much elevation
-No variety in hole distance
-Not enough challenge
-Parking can be difficult with other park users
-No regular leagues, or tourney's
Other Thoughts: The only reason I ever come here is to practice my midrange game..

So many signs are missing at this point that I think it would be very hard for first time players to navigate through.

Great for beginners

5+    8/11/2008   8/13/2008
Review By: m1ke
Pros: Easy to finish over lunch- a key requirement for my group. Excellent course to take beginners to. Almost never crowded. Some unique aspects to a few holes.
Cons: Not too exciting. Only one long hole and a couple of very short ones. The holes w/o anything unique are not only extremely bland but also similar to each other, which can make the entire course seem unexciting when it's really not that bad. Drastically less interesting in winter when leaves are down.
Other Thoughts: Not as bad as other reviewer said- I've definitely seen many worse courses. Holes 2-3, 6 and 9 have some flavor.

Uhh, What.

1    7/27/2008   7/30/2008
Review By: 4_Of_Spades
This review was updated on 9/18/2012
Pros: Easy pitch and putt course.

Dirt tee pads, baskets were okay.

Nothing really great to say about this course.
Cons: Poor signs to start off, also not a fan of dirt tee pads, but this course deserves them.

No shot variety, few obstacles on almost all holes, and very short layout.

Do not even bring a beginner here as they will automatically hate the sport of disc golf.

Just a flat piece of land with a bush or two and a tree here or there. 9 holes shoved next to each other and if people actually played here... what am I saying. There won't be crowding issues or problems with close fairways because no one will ever come back!

Everything about this place was bad. It is just throwing less than 200' and placing the disc in the basket. It offers no challenge and is not fun. This place should have never been made. Yes, I hate this place that much...
Other Thoughts: I will not come back here unless it is to show my grandpa what a disc golf basket is as he lives in the area and can't be outside for too long. Whoever made this course should be ashamed. Do not go here. I would not wish this upon any disc golfer.

1 2 Next >