Lombard, IL
Madison Meadow Park Share
4 / 333ft.   4 / 318ft.   3 / 625ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Nice course, with plenty of potential

1    7/26/2009   7/26/2009
Review By: gsmit
Pros: 1.) Beautiful course with a great atmosphere and excellent upkeep.

2.) Course was very clean, and not very crowded.

3.) The variety of holes was nice. Although, there are not any heavily wooded holes. The are some VERY long holes (up to 625'), as well as some shorter holes (around 200'). There were a few straight, as well as a bunch of dog-leg left & right. There is also a beautiful hole in which you have to drive over a lake!
Cons: 1.) A little hard to navigate if you are not familiar with the course. We had to ask a few locals where a couple holes were because we had no idea where we were going.

2.) Quite a few signs were missing, so you had to guess on the par for the hole, the distance of the hole, and the pin location. And there were also a few signs in which the pin location wasn't listed on the sign
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses that I have played so far. I highly suggest that anyone take the ride out to this course and play it at least once. This is not a very easy course. Not overly difficult, but it offers a nice challenge.

Also, while you are out at this course, I suggest you take a 15 minute drive to play the 9-Hole in Oak Brook. It is not very far away, but it is also an amazing course.

Another suggestion is after you play here, go check out Old Town Pizza and grab a slice of pizza! It is located right next to Famous Liquors at 109 E. Roosevelt Rd. This place has HUGE slices of pizza that are absolutely delicious. It is a great way to end your day (or split up time between Madison Meadow and Oak Brook's Central Park).

Like a Miller Chill, fun and relaxing, but just not Corona

2-4    6/20/2009   6/21/2009
Review By: davidwebb
This review was updated on 7/15/2009
Pros: Lots of opportunities to let it rip as long as you aren't a 450 driver. There are 3 sets of tees at each hole but I would like to know where they are because I could only ever find one per hole. Was pretty muddy when I played but I go barefoot most of the time so it wasn't a big deal. Hard to loose a disc as it is mostly open. Went on the first really nice saturday of the year (85 and sunny...b-e-a-u-tiful) and only saw 3 other groups out there, and didn't have to wait at any hole. 18 holes is nice for the area, took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to eat up this course solo. Shot a 7 over my first time through (playing each hole as a par 3) but my drive was a little off and I hit a lot of trees for how scarce it is...so there is definate opportunity to get some nice birds and try to go under playing par 3 for all. Ran into a garderner working on her vegitables around hole 14-15 with a dog named Buddy, she was really friendly for someone that I'm sure gets disc golfers roaming into her property all the time. There have been some modifications to this course within the last few weeks. Nothing major, but the new tee placements do add some more difficulty and some more chances to let a drive fly.
Cons: Nothing really techniqual except hole 15(?) (which is actually a plus for me as I am somewhat of a beginner, but I know most of you guys like your difficult shots). Grass was a little longer than I would have liked but I can't recall ever thinking I was in danger of losing a disc.
Other Thoughts: I had a lot of fun playing this course with friends and by myself, it had a low risk of losing discs (which is big for me because I am in college and have almost NO money!) but it just doesn't compare to the 18 hole courses farther south (Shannahon, West Park, etc.) or the tight technicality of the 9 hole courses (Central Park in Oak Brook or Knock Knolls in Naperville). Definatly a course to relax on and let some discs fly...bring your whole bag! I hope with this construction going on they will replace the signs and they are almost all vandalized or missing.

Good for area

2-4    5/2/2009   5/12/2009
Review By: manzilla86
Pros: The biggest pro for the area is that the course has some a good variety of lengths in it. It is hard to find courses in the Chicagoland area that have enough space to put long holes in it, but this course has that. This course is a good stress relief course for that person who is sick of hitting every tree in the woods-most of the holes are very open (which is a con for me, but like I said, good stress relief). The park is also scenic with a pond that has a fountain in it (which comes into play on two holes, depending on how you play them). I also enjoy the giant field to the north of hole # 19 which allows for ironing out new discs/throws that you have been wanting to practice.
Cons: The course is somewhat boring, with very little elevation change and a lack of woods. Most holes are out in the open and straight. If you come to play the course, you will disagree with me on the first 3, but after that you will know what I am talking about. But like I said in the pros, sometimes this is a good thing if you just want to go out and chuck a disc with little though.
Other Thoughts: Another plus for this course is the park. There are other facilities if you want to make a whole day out of your trip. There are basketball courts, baseball fields, tennis courts, street hockey, a gazebo, and grates for grilling. Also some playground if you want to drop the kids off while you are out for a round of Disc Golf.

Average Course

2-4    4/30/2009   5/11/2009
Review By: jace
Pros: Actually a very beautiful Park setting for the course. Lots of mature trees and different varieties. The layout of holes was well placed and used the park acreage nicely.

- Hole length variety was fantastic with 6 under 275'/9 @ 275-400'/and 3 over 400'.
- Fairways appear to be well taken care of and were mowed.
- Overall course beauty was average.
- Tee pads were concrete.
- Course was not crowded. If this is one of the better courses in the area, then being empty is a huge PLUS.
- Basket placement was the strongest asset the course really had. There were enough obstacles present to create a decent challenge. Most basket locations offered a 30' circle to putt within while keeping the approach a decent challenge.
- Hole 19 was incredible if you love water shots. I am estimating about 200' to clear the water. A great way to end a round.
Cons: - Needs more trash cans
- Tee pads need to be lengthened. Concrete but too short.
- Course is VERY flat.
- Poor Hole variety with 14 S/1 L/3 R.
- Would benefit tremendously from a second set of basket locations.
- Not much shot variety required to play the course well.
Other Thoughts: - bathrooms at playground near hole 1 tee.
- The course is a blue level length course, but the difficulty really isn't there.
- Pretty open course which would allow beginners learn without the loss of discs.

Reasonable course for the area

5+    5/3/2009   5/6/2009
Review By: beardown4life
Pros: Good amount of long holes with some shorter ones worked in. reasonable obstacles. pond in the middle of a nice park.
Cons: Could use another 9 and be overall more interesting if the course was designed with any thought process.
Other Thoughts: Fun course for the area.

Longer course for the area

5+    4/24/2009   4/24/2009
Review By: btank
Pros: Good length course, you'll spend a little time here and get some exercise.
Cons: Too wide open for my tastes. Needs some wooded, hidden holes.
I've come here a couple times and not been able to play because a tournament was going on.

C+ = As average as the come

2-4    5/3/2008   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-

Nice course that could use some work

2-4    9/22/2008   9/30/2008
Review By: krc1130
This review was updated on 7/9/2011
Pros: I found a lot of this course to be fairly challenging, with a decent amount of obstacles. Some holes were more wide open then others, but I liked the balance that was provided. The concrete tees are nice, and what signs are there are fairly straight forward.
Cons: As we had never played this course before, I was unsure as to where exactly I needed to park near the first hole. Luckily, I guessed right when I picked the large parking lot. As nice as the existing signs are, it's even more of a pain to have a number of missing signs. Very little variation between holes, as they are all fairly level. As I think back to our round, it's hard to think of any very distinguishing holes. One hole is a little too close to both the road and a playground for comfort...be careful! 19 itself can be dangerous, given the pond - I'm sure there are too many discs to count in that thing. The baskets are inconsistent, and some of them are fairly old.
Other Thoughts: Overall, a good 19 hole course. I'd definitely play it again, despite the more negative features on this course. Nicer baskets might be in order, and watch out for geese! They can be a pain, but they'll certainly disperse when a disc is flying their way. My round here was definitely positive, and I would surely play again if in the area - it could stand to require a little more skill and a little less arm on some holes.

5+    8/25/2008   8/27/2008
Review By: Disc Golf Greg
This review was updated on 7/13/2010
Pros: -Concrete tee pads.
-Good amount of variety in holes.
-The pound is a nice addition and makes a few holes more challenging.
-Nice long holes and short hole balance.
-Beautiful park.
-Last handful of holes are my favorite they are very unique with one where you throw over all these trees with a hyzer bomb and some holes in the woods which are very technical. Mature beautiful Oak trees as well on the last few holes.
-Pond comes into play on Hole #3 and Hole #19
-Flows good every hole feels pretty fresh compared to the last
-Not too crowded and even with a good amount of Disc Golfers the park is big enough to handle the traffic unlike a lot of the other courses crammed into parks around here.
-You can let lose some drives and you don't feel restricted
-Hole #7 I believe is the longest hole at the course with a good amount of trees in the fairway but not too many and is a a favorite of mine
-Water fountain that you pass after the first Hole on the way to the 2nd.
-19 holes = better than 9
-Park is clean and grass freshly cut
-Baskets all in good condition
-All the signs have been replaced Spring 2010. There are no longer missing signs and no longer are they vandalized.
-Mulch around the tees and baskets is a nice touch
-Practice Basket by the parking lot.
Cons: -Irrigation problems, don't plan on playing for a few days until after it rains.
-I would imagine new players to this course would have a tough time navigating it without a local. My first time out here I missed 2 Hole's and had to look pretty hard the 2nd time out to figure them out.
-Some holes play too close to other park activities and roads
-Addition of more garbage cans would be appreciated
-This course is not tucked away in a park like I prefer, instead other park users often interfere. The walking paths come into play and you have to wait for people to get out of your way.
Other Thoughts: Closest 18 hole course in Chicago. One of the better courses in Chicago. Check out the Oak Brook Central Park course it's even better than this course but only has 9 baskets.

This course has been recently improved Spring 2010 with the replacement of the old tee signs with new, and better wooden ones. These new tee signs are on all 18 holes and feature the hole number, par, distance, and a little map of the hole. Someone has also added mulch around the tee pads and around the baskets which is great!

July 13th, 2010: Practice basket has been added which is awesome!

Decent 19 Hole Course.

2-4    8/9/2008   8/13/2008
Review By: 4_Of_Spades
This review was updated on 9/18/2012
Pros: Provides some shot variety, but not much line shaping.

A nice, big park with 19 holes and a fair amount of distance on most holes.

Decent tee signs, tee pads were good, and baskets were fine.

Nice to be able to throw some decently long drives on a course in the area.
Cons: Flat course without many obstacles or punishment for bad shots.

Nice to have a 19 hole course in the area which makes it better than most 9 hole courses, but it is an average 19 holer.

Nothing truly amazing, but probably worth a play at some point if you are within an hour away.
Other Thoughts: Good course for beginner to intermediate players. It is fun for a round or two every so often. Won't be super challenging, but still a fun time.