McLean, VA
McLean Central Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #7 (Taken 5/2009)

Still a little muddy

1    4/10/2014   4/10/2014
Review By: Treplexity
Pros: Great course for beginners if they can put up with the overgrown conditions. This was my 5th game of disc golf, I got an Eagle on tee 9 and scored 4 under par total.

Seems as if only a few locals like myself play the course, so it's never crowded with players.

More advanced players are better off traveling to Burke Lake, but I live in the neighborhood of this course so it's something fun to do after work while the weather is nice and I don't have to worry about traffic.
Cons: Muddy, and very overgrown-not kept up. People walking their dogs or strolling their babies may cause a minute or two wait between putts.

The post for tee 3 is damaged

Tee 9 is heavily damaged, the tray of the basket sits on the ground.
Other Thoughts: This is the first time I've been able to get to tee 2, there's flooding all around the tee but it's gotten better. Course is still really muddy, but seems to be getting better every day.

short, but not awful

7/8/2008   7/21/2008
Review By: crandellfamily
Pros: First hole is a good dogleg. Signage is fine. Easy to get to. Very quick to get a round of nine finished. We were the only ones on the course mid-afternoon.
Cons: Too short for most players. My daughter noticed the bugs while we played, but it didn't seem bad to me.
Other Thoughts: Maybe we caught the park at an OK time. Not swampy at all. Poison ivy wasn't a problem either, although it was probably around more than we noticed. Most of the driving areas were clear enough to walk through without incident.

Short & Poison Ivy

10/14/2007   3/29/2008
Review By: jaysonwhelpley
Pros: Short holes with overrated pars is a good ego stroke, but really it should be marked 8 lower than it is. Some holes are a lot of fun to play (1, 5,7) but still not difficult.
Cons: Not very difficult. Poorly mapped and marked.

If you go off the fairway at all on 1, 2, 3, 4... you will be all over the poison ivy and it will be all over you.
Other Thoughts: I go here every once in a great while just to change things up.