Brandenburg, KY
Meade Olin Park Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #10 (Taken 3/2013)

Worth the trip?

1    10/28/2011   10/28/2011
Review By: frank11b
Pros: A decent course with lots of bombers and technical tosses. A good mix for a fun round.
Cons: The course needs to improve the pads. I found hole 5 with difficulty. Signs on many pads are missing, interfering with the flow.
Other Thoughts: Now that I know the layout, the course is more playable. I will return, who knows, I might get a better score.

Mired in a mess

1    6/16/2011   6/16/2011
Review By: absolutdork
Pros: Decent challenging course. Long and short holes. Plays over a pond. Lots of elevation changes.
Cons: I just read that a tornado went through this park in 2008, so that explains how open the course is even with many tall trees around it. However, the place is a mess. The pond, if you want to call it that is a murky mess of dumped concrete and mulch. The course zig zags all over the place and is confusing as can be. I found the basket for hole 5, and the arrow pointing to where a teepad should've been, but I never found the tee pad so I just gave up and made my own. Almost all the hole signs have been uprooted and are laying all over the place. I know the tornado probably did this, but that was now 3 years ago. You would think by now someone would've re-inserted them. I was just disappointed in this course because the reviews here are decent to good on this course. It's just a big mess right now.
Other Thoughts: This area of Kentucky has several top notch courses. Muldraugh, the newly re-opened Otter Creek, Radcliff and Freeman Lake. I would play all those and pass on this one till the mess that it is is cleaned up.

Still needs a lot of work.

1    9/7/2008   9/28/2008
Review By: MulliganStew
This review was updated on 5/3/2009
Pros: Must have been a nice coarse reading others reveiws. Nice use of terrain. I can't wait until it is totally back in action.
Cons: First, very hard to follow from hole to hole, long distances between holes with no signage. missed 7+8 or 8+9 completely. Pin at 12 completely MIA. Looks like a bulldozer plowd through the whole place and grass is just starting to grow back. Maybe one day I will go back but not anytime soon.
Other Thoughts: Tons of trees and debris just plowed into the edge of the woods, needs a lot of TLC.