1 Helpful / 0 Not
This course shouldn't have been put in
Pros: nice big tee pads, nice almost excessive signage. I had no trouble finding my way around.
Cons: Bad course design, worse location.
For the most part I feel like they did what they could with the site with a few exceptions.
1. The course doesn't end near the start so you have to walk back to the car.
2. During a nice day when there are a lot of people around someone could get seriously hurt. Course plays around parking lots, picnic shelters, baseball field, and tennis courts. I played in the evening of a colder day so it was not a huge issue.
3. The only hole that isn't a straight shot is the one that goes over the water, and the pin is probably 15 feet on the other side. so you have to over throw it to be safe.
4. The hole that throws towards the tennis courts would be a lot more fun if they moved it into the mature pines to the right, making a forehand/lefty/annhyzer shot.
5. Towards the back of the course many tees are right next to the previous pin. While this is efficient for space, and course flow it'd be terrible if other people were playing a hole or two ahead of you.
6. Hole 9 I was worried about overthrowing and hitting cars in the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: If I lived in Wausau I'd prefer this to not having a course, but these are the kind of courses that make cities not want to put them in. I can only imagine how many cars and people have been hit by discs on this course.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.