Cherokee, IA
Mental Health Clinic Share
Uploaded By: RelishDisc Hole #1 (Taken 5/2013)
4 / 248ft.   4 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #1 Tee Marker

Family Gyrations

5+    7/7/2011   7/7/2011
Review By: TwistnShout
Pros: Settled in a quiet, softly forested group of gently rolling hills, this course for myself and my family was wonderful. The holes are somewhat challenging for us as newbies yet easy to navigate and quite enjoyable.And one of the best parts is the fact that I have yet to come close to seeing any real roughage that some of us newbies find ourselves in.
Cons: The baskets are a little funky and the disc will slip through so grace golf may be in order. Despite the lake of grasses and weeds, the mosquito's were a might fierce as may be expected from much rain, so bring repellent or just get good at whacking the little vampires:)
Other Thoughts: This is really a stress free course and well suited for beginning types. Some longer holes would be nice but overall, my family had a blast learning and playing here and I/we will be back.

A bit different...

1    7/23/2009   8/3/2009
Review By: tlandegent
Pros: Beautiful! Amazing environment near very old dorm style buildings. Great variety of shots and distances. Metal plate built into the ground with par, distance, and a nickname was unique. I hadn't seen this before.
One of the easier courses I've played. Par is generous.
Cons: Holes #7, 8, and 9 did not have metal plates. Luckily the baskets weren't too far away. Hard to determine par for these considering par is generous on this course, which may be because the baskets seem to accommodate full size frisbees. Disc golf discs will slip through the holes in the baskets!
Though the course is beautiful, a few long open meadow shots would have been nice. Spread the course out!
Other Thoughts: Read the course description for where to start at tee #1. It was tricky to find.
Have fun with this course!