Elk Grove Village, IL
Clark Park Share
Uploaded By: sators Hole #1 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / 230ft.   4 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

The place I learned racquetbolf

1    8/11/2012   8/21/2012
Pros: 1) Nice signs with Par, Hole, Distance, and a Map. They are very attractive and they use a landscape design type of graphic, which I love to see.
2) Huge concrete . . . quite possibly the biggest I have seen maybe 8' x 16'. What more can a guy ask for?
3) Benches and garbage cans on every hole if I remember correctly.
4) Some nice variety here in terms of terrain. A few holes go uphill, some go down, and some are fairly level.
5) Older DGA Mach baskets with # plates are in decent condition.
6) This course is beginner friendly because there is no fear of a lost disc (unless they throw over the massive fence on #3. However, there is still plenty of challenge to be found for beginners to show them what the game is all about.
7) Some hyzer shots available, and some holes that would be better played with a flick or an anhyzer shot. Then there are a few holes where you can choose your preferred line and just execute it.
8) Nice use of some mature trees to create some lanes.
Cons: 1) Dangerous on Hole #5 and #3 fairway. An overthrow on #3 will go right over #5 basket or very near. # 3 tee is also only about 20' past #2 basket. Since #3 is already a fairly goofy hole, the tee could have been shoved out to the side lessening the 90 degree angle of #3 fairway and taking the #5 basket out of play completely.
2) The course plays a little close to the playground on #4 and very near the walking path in the middle of the course. This is a danger issue.
3) The holes seem a little cramped in the middle of the course and it also seems like it could have been avoided with slightly different design.
4) #1 tees off right next to the sidewalk which would lead to a backup impeding people walking on the sidewalk when there is a backup.
5) Distance variation here is terrible with everything in a very similar distance. #4 is the only one that plays very differently in terms of distance.
Other Thoughts: I was introduced to a new sport here . . . racquetbolf. It incorporates three sports. Tennis, Golf, and Disc Golf. There was a father and two sons who were waiting for a tennis court to clear so they decided to fill their time by hitting tennis balls into the baskets. I took a picture of it and posted it on facebook if you would like to see it. I do have to give them credit for being creative. They could have just sat around waiting and waiting, but they decided to go out and do something with their time. I was thankful that they were able to get a court when they finished #9, because I had started on #5 and had 4 more holes to play and didn't want to wait for them to try and keep the tennis ball in the basket (PS it always falls through).
Not a bad course from a disc golf standpoint with some fun shots and unique holes. There are 2 spots where safety might be an issue and that is always a negative, and truthfully, I think both spots could have been avoided with just minor tweaking of one basket location and one tee location.

NOT very beginner friendly

1    6/3/2012   6/6/2012
Review By: axiom
Pros: -Ample Parking
-Nice park
Cons: I found the course to be very intimidating for a beginner such as myself. It was literally my third time ever playing when I played this course and it was a somewhat nerve wracking experience. First off, saying that this park was designed specifically for disc golf is extremely misleading. It's a multi use park like any other... there are tennis courts, a walking trail, a baseball diamond, and a childrens playground. As I said, I'm a beginner, and I'm still trying to work out my drive's tendency to bank hard left like a hyzer... with that in mind, heres my experience at the park
Hole 1: Almost into the tennis courts, with a doubles match going on
Hole 2: Actually lost my drive over the fence(please feel free to laugh, because that's an impressively bad drive)
Hole 3: I skipped all together. It's a blind dog leg, you throw it either into the trees, into a fence, or 15 feet in ffront of you to try and line up your next shot. If you throw a hyzer too hard, you'll end up in the children's playground.
Holes 4 & 5: Bordered by private yards, and my disc went into one on 5.
Hole 7: borders e foul line on the baseball diamond, and my disc got pretty close. while a softball game was underway
Hole 9: A long drive here will put you on Biesterfield
Other Thoughts: I'm sure this is a decent course for an Amature, and probably boring for an advanced player, but ultra-beginners like myself will probably be more comfortable at other places in the area that are more open (like Lombard Commons). I still gave it a 2.5 brcause I dom't think it's reviews should suffer because of my biased opinion. And, I'll probably be back after I'm more confident with my control

One of the best Chicago 9's

2-4    6/24/2010   6/25/2010
Review By: Countchunkula
This review was updated on 7/4/2012
Pros: Huge concrete tees on many holes (~10 x 15'), standard size concrete for the rest. Baskets are in nice shape. Decent length when compared to local competition. No totally wide open holes (around here almost all the courses have at least two of these, usually ~200'). Enjoyable course, with the exception of hole 3 all of the holes were fun. Good variety of shots, I threw RHBH, RHFH, and even a thumber. The tee signs that were still there were very descriptive.
Cons: This course has some safety issues. The most obvious being that hole 3's teepad is 20' directly behind hole 2's basket. I have seen a few dangerous tee locations, but this has to be one of the worst. What really gets me though is hole 3 is a bad hole. The fairway is straight for about 50-70' then turns 90 degrees left for the final 160-180'. There is a 30' high fence on the inside of the dogleg. They could have reconfigured this hole to make the tee safer, and at the same time improve hole 3 (really, any change would improve this hole). A few of the holes play along or over the walking path. The path was pretty empty when I played, but on a nice day I can see long waits. Two of the holes play around a softball field, and there can be conflicts. Tee signs are missing on a few holes, including hole 1. It is not obvious where to go after hole 4. Hole 5's tee is across the playground to your right.
Other Thoughts: This is one of the best Chicago 9's. I would put this one up with Central Park/Oakbrook, Adler/Libertyville, and Lewis U/Romeoville. The tee for hole 1 is located off Biesterfield Road, just west of the tennis courts and right next to the walking path. It is one of the ~10' x 15' tees.

5+    5/8/2010   5/25/2010
Review By: Two_Bearded_Dudes
Pros: Nearly impossible to lose a disc
Well maintained
Easy-to-navigate
Decent variety
Good for beginners
Cons: A lot of non-golfer, foot traffic
A little too quick
Other Thoughts: A great beginner course with enough variety to keep you entertained for the short time you'll be there. Usually I'll run through it twice just so I feel like I actually got a solid round in. It's built around a park with a few ball diamonds, tennis courts and playgrounds, so there's always traffic you'll need to deal with.

I end up here quite a bit as it's right by Woodfield mall. Nothing will help clear the idiocy of 13 year old mall-bunnies away like a few rounds of DG.

5+    5/10/2009   5/25/2009
Review By: Tyler
Pros: Very nice concrete tee pads. Well mantained park. Easy to navigate. Great course for beginners. Tee signs are a plus.
Cons: Lots of park activity for example
-playgrounds
-baseball field
-only street parking (unless you live close enough to walk)
Very busy
Short holes I only brought a midrange and a putter longest hole is about 327 feet
9th hole basket is right by the road and is a short hole if you over throw you can either land on a busy road or hit a parked car.
Other Thoughts: You have to play pretty heads up here lots of beginners with very inaccurate throws. My unlce live like a quarter mile from this course I play it when I visit him (short walk) Great course for beginners and for better players is good practice.

Cramped, but fun

1    4/9/2006   8/25/2008
Review By: m1ke
Pros: Decent variety of holes, with a bit of elevation.
I think the challenge level is pretty good; it seemed a little easy at first but I realized that most of the trees were still bare the day I was there. Since there are plenty of trees I bet when they fill out the course becomes a bit more technical.
Cons: Small park, with LOTS of multi-use park hazards; many walkers/bikers and one hole almost requires throwing over the playground area!
Posted pars are definitely too high; I "birdied" every hole except one and I'm not that good a player.
Overshoot the last hole and your disc could be in a busy street.
Other Thoughts: The other people in the park, the park's size, and the occasional street proximity definitely gave me a feel of being restricted in what I could do with my throws. That said, I certainly had fun playing this one and would happily go back at a time when there weren't so many pedestrians there (I was there on one of the first nice Sunday afternoons in spring).