Confusing at Best
Pros: Baskets were visible.
Cons: Tee signs defaced.
No clear outline of the course, had no idea which tee belonged to which basket.
I could not find a course map anywhere in the park nor on any website.
Other Thoughts: Caveat: Me and my three sons are beginners at disc golf and could not figure out the layout. No plans to ever come back.
11 Helpful / 0 Not
Mills Park: Urban short course with lotsa aces
Pros: - central L.A. location, easy freeway access and only 1.7 miles from a pretty good course at Private Anderson Park
- short, easy course good with not much else to its credit except that the number of 80-160 foot holes presents lots of opportunities for aces
- friendly place, it seems few people play DG here so the locals can be very curious about what you're doing
- pro and con: course markers are bleached, defaced or damaged so it's hard to figure out which basket to shoot for in this small park, since more than one is visible from most tees. That means there is often a selection of baskets to hit from the tee so it's easy to choose more challenging shots than the one obviously intended by the course designer
- nice concrete tees, too bad the neighborhood kids have trashed many of the tee markers while the sun has bleached the rest
Cons: - distance ranges from 80-200 feet, carry a midrange driver and a putter and leave your bag in the car
- mostly flat, not a lot of trees in the way, many baskets have a bend in their stem as though children use them as jungle gyms
- the park is small and they've made the best use of space available, so some tees are concrete diamonds added to the street sidewalk: look for tees on or near the streets that surround the park (one of them very busy but shooting away up a hill -- this would be a really bad spot for a left slice)
- only nine holes, play around twice OR -- see "Other Thoughts" for suggested combination play at Mills Park and Private Anderson Park (also 9 holes) which is only 1.7 miles away
Other Thoughts: MOST IMPORTANT !!!!
Play Mills Park as the "front nine" then play the "back nine" at Private Anderson Park, which is only 1.7 miles away To get to Private Anderson from Mills, continue north on Central to the first stoplight at University, turn right, then the entrance to Private Anderson will be on your right before Wilmington.
11 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.