Tyler, TX
Lindsey Park - Blue Course Share
Uploaded By: Goat Boy Hole #17 (Taken 3/2010)
4 / 774ft.   -- / --   5 / 922ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Play Nice With The Hungry Angry Trees!

1    6/2/2010   6/10/2010
Review By: Donovan
Pros: This is another great course at Lindsey Park. This course has elevation, wooded, wide-open, variable lengths, tunnel shots, great pin placements, and lots of good tree use. I loved that the wooded holes happen a couple of different times during the round instead of being bunched together like most courses. In the heat, it is nice to duck into the woods. The course has some elevation in couple of spots, but the latter few holes are the best of these. The protected pins here are great. One pin is guarded by a hungry and angry tree. But if you beat the branches enough, it just might give you your disc back. ;) I love the hole lengths here. Some long bombs, some ace runs, and everything in between. You have to love the fact that this also keeps things fresh and non-repetitive. The concrete tee and baskets are in a good shape here. This is a big course and they know it. There are bathrooms at the main parking area and one by hole 15 or 16 (I think). There were trashcans along the way also.
Cons: Navigation is messy, so take the map or get a guide. For first time players or people who travel to play courses, this is a huge negative. The tee signs are of the tombstone style with only hole number and footage on them. They are cool looking and I am sure a Lindsey Park aesthetic, but a hole layout or next tee marker would be very useful. There are poisonous plants in the woods, so be careful. That is all I could think of.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor her was really good. I loved the course and thought it was really fun. The variety of hole styles and lengths made me actually wish it did not end at 18 holes even though I know many people find this course really long. I will most certainly come play here again and this town is worth of a road trip.

Long

1    9/25/2009   10/6/2009
Review By: chalos13
Pros: Bring your long arm. This course has lost more length than the red course across the park. this course will stretch your game.
Cons: This course will frustrate new players, there are quite a few "tunnel" holes where shots get very tough
Other Thoughts: I enjoy playing this course, but it always hurts my self esteem a little. It's fun, but it's tough.

Yeah

1    4/9/2009   4/9/2009
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: Best of the 2 in the park. Lots more shots then the red course, which challenges you more. The elevation is very cool here(15/16). The are some wooded holes that are tight with a good mix of boomers as well. Not to difficult which I think makes it fun for the newbie. (Red tees at least) Fun course which rewards you for good shots and gets you if you dont. Good baskets and tees. Clean once again and well taken care of excpet for a couple of holes noted in the cons.
Cons: Signage seems to be a big deal down here. Hard to navigate just like the red course. Holes 10 and 11 could use some manicuring as the poison ivy and underbrush has gotten almost out of control.
Other Thoughts: Great having 36 holes in one park. Will go back for sure.

Very challenging to play and navigate

1    3/31/2009   4/1/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 2/18/2010
Pros: Tight wooded holes, hole 7 especially. Elevation used to maximum in my opinion. I liked 16 so I threw a few just to watch them fly. Extra long tee pads. Good variety of shots are required. After hole 5, I met a local that said he helped design the courses. He whipped out a piece of paper and drew me a map of both courses from memory so I should mention friendly locals and plenty of them. If you are having problems navigating just let the group or guy play through and follow the locals. Thats what I did on the red course.
Cons: At times hard to navigate. For the most part a confusing course to play though fun once you do.
Other Thoughts: The first local I talked to said there is going to be a 3rd course here soon. Hopefully it will have elevation and will be densely wooded. Overall Lindsey Park definitely is a very good golf destination. With 3 18 hole courses in the same park that both have a great variety of shots, you will definitely have fun throwing every shot that you know.

fair course

1    3/9/2009   3/9/2009
Review By: wolito
This review was updated on 3/1/2010
Pros: This course has much to offer: long open holes, short narrow fairways and difficult wooded areas. Fair mix of straight, left and right shots. There is one super long hole, something like 900 feet I believe that is tricky. Tee off on a long downhill and navigate around some trees. I really love the middle section of this course as it is heavily wooded with super tight fairways. More elevation changes then the Red course. Nice teepads. Signs are a little worn but do there job.
Cons: A big thing that I look for in a course is the flow and navigation. This had niether. Poor signage and a strange flow to it. A course should be designed so the first time thrower on the course won't have any problems. I got lost and had to walk several fairways just to know where to throw. I hate when they mix basket types, new and old on the same course, kind of tacky.
Other Thoughts: Once you know where to go and throw, not too bad of a course. I will definately play it several more times. Holes 10 and 11 are heavily wooded and have thick underbrush. Posion ivy abounds and a little creek runs through it. Can easily lose a disc in this area so watch your plastic closely. This is the less busy of the now three courses on the site. Definately a higher degree of difficulty on this one. Having three courses in one place is incredible!

The best North Texas gets

2-4    4/22/2010   2/9/2009
Review By: JeffThroW
This review was updated on 5/11/2010
Pros: This place has something for every kind of thrower,Course lies mostly atop a large mound of sand with grass mixed.Great use of the parks natural beauty utilizing the hilly pine tree areas forcing players to try very tight somewhat intricate lay-ups to allow for par,mostly long holes not too many right out in front of you.In north Texas this course sits atop my number one spot.
Cons: A long way to walk for an 18 hole course but who's complaining with such quality in most holes.Why beautiful courses like this don't have seating areas is beyond me.
Other Thoughts: This is the harder more elevated course,partial to long lightly wooded to open elevation changing shots myself this course has 4 or five of those.

5+    5/15/2008   2/1/2009
Review By: cdubya0407
Pros: Pretty open course with mix of a few lightly wooded holes. Terrific miz of lengths of holes.
Cons: Very difficult, often windy
Other Thoughts: great place to spend a day of disc golf with the red and blue course being in the same park.

Very enjoyable course

2-4    6/15/2008   1/28/2009
Review By: cc0049
Pros: This was a very fun and very challenging course. There are concrete tee pads on all holes and they provide the opportunity to choose between a short or a long, which I love. The long tees seemed to add quite a bit more length and challenge on the holes. Hole 2 is REALLY fun for a big arm thrower. It is a long downhill shot with trees all the way down. There are a lot of windows to hit giving you a lot of options for what to drive with. My first time to play, I think I easily unloaded half my bag and then gathered them up to throw again...it was that fun. The rest of the course has a lot of holes that are through sparsely wooded fariways and then several holes that are very densely wooded technical shots. There are also a few holes that offer decent elevation change. The baskets are good and the course was in great shape. I really enjoyed playing here and will look forward to the next time I'm in Tyler to play again.
Cons: This course was very difficult to navigate on my own. I spent a lot of time walking up the fairway to find the basket and then walking back to tee. It was very tiring. I did not have a map and I can't say if you can find them or not, but you would definitely fair better with one. Grab someone that knows the course to help you navigate. There was one spot in particular (I think it was between holes 5 and 6) that I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the next tee box. The sign after hole 5 pointed me entirely in the wrong direction. It wasn't until I saw the one other person playing the course that he was able to point out where to go. He then helped me navigate the holes back in the dense part of the trees, otherwise I'm sure I would have had trouble finding my way around on those.
Other Thoughts: When I played this course there was only one other player on the Blue course. There were a lot more people playing the Red course which is right next door. I guess that the Red is a little bit easier...but not too much easier for me. There are two courses right next to each other that are high level, high quality courses. It doesn't get much better than that. I hear also that there are a couple of other courses in Tyler that are pretty good.

2-4    11/22/2008   11/26/2008
Review By: RustyP
Pros: Great course to pratice your accurate Big D shots...there are only a handful of holes where someone with a short arm (<300) can have a shot a birdie. Long tee boxes make it even more of a crusher course.

LOTS of elevation through one stretch of holes...all of which are well over 300', making them pretty challenging.

Decent mix of open/tight holes...though mostly long and open. A small handful of holes that are easily birdied to keep your confidence from being completely shot :)

One very fun/memorable hole...<200' downhill to a slightly elevated basket with dense woods behind. Definitely within putter distance, and a really fun ace run! Another is the "blue monster" (or so I've heard it called)...950'+ downhill with many large trees and an OB fence on the right side.

Dual tee boxes that add considerable length. Nice concrete tees on all, cool stone markers on most (if not all...can't recall exactly).
Cons: Course flow...plan on getting a little lost your first time through, unless you can find a local to show you around. The 2 courses in this park cross over and play next to each other in a few spots, so you have to really pay attention to what hole you're playing. Could use some better signage.

Each tee box has both blue and red text spray-painted on it...which makes the course flow even more confusing.

There are 2 wooded holes that are just ridiculously tight...to the point that they're "poke-n-hope" type shots, even for upper level players! In my opinion, these need to be opened up a bit to make them even remotely fair or playable for lower divisions.

Because of the length and mostly open landscape, this course favors the big arms and doesn't give finesse players much of a chance to catch up.

Sticker burrs ALL OVER the place...watch your knees and bag-straps!
Other Thoughts: Just like the Red course, if the blue had better signage (showing overview of the current hole and the direction to the next) and some maps, it would gain a few points in my eyes. Both courses at Lindsey have great potential, but some glaring "Cons" keep them from being great.

Blue Is Best

1    11/14/2008   11/18/2008
Review By: Stan
Pros: This has everything except for water. A great balance of variety. Long holes (800 ft) and Short holes (150 ft). The most elevation changes in Tyler. Wooded holes and open holes. The ability to bend your shots is a must in order to reach par. Numerous blind shots.

One very fun hole was relatively short...throwing down a hill to a basket in a small clearing. Several holes have unique obstacles that force you to think.

Dual tees offer longer distances.
Cons: I would like to see more signage...telling you where the next tee box is and where the baskets are.

I basically walked the course twice. With so many blind shots, you had to walk 150 ft to find the basket, walk back, and then throw. If it were a busy day, I would have frustrated those playing behind me. It wouldn't be such an issue if this was your regular course.
Other Thoughts: I've played all 4 courses in Tyler and this one is the best. I look forward to playing it again. It's a nice, well kept course.

Make a day of it and play the Red as well.