Gatlinburg, TN
Mills Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: tamahawk Hole #5 (Taken 10/2009)

Wilderness Resort trip

1    11/24/2014   11/29/2014
Review By: manglin
Pros: -Concrete tees
-Nice Mach baskets
-Good hole signs with distance
-Good course map on the big board
-They had stocked the scorecards with map and distances
-Good layout and use of space and elevation
-Beautiful views and scenery
Cons: -Some holes are close to others and some holes are close to building. That could be an issue if it was busy or you have a shot go awry.
-Lacking a little on length and variety of distance.
-Not many benches that I noticed.
Other Thoughts: We were on vacation and took one morning to go play. It's was well worth it.

There are restrooms and a playground for the little kiddos. Macy and Luke enjoyed that.

Mountains of Fun

1    12/30/2013   1/3/2014
Review By: Baysinger
Pros: Nice use of terrain. Great elevation changes with quite a bit of diversity in holes. Close to 2 other 9 hole courses which is good for a day road trip if you are close by. Nice view up in the mountains.
Cons: Long walk back to parking lot after hole 9. Distance between holes 2 and 3 is pretty far. Hole 9 can be dangerous when muddy! Trust me, I slipped and fell trying to make my way down the hill. Need some sort of steps to make it safer or even a rope to hold on to would help.
Other Thoughts: Great for a 9 hole course. To have this nice of a mix in elevation changes on a 9 hole course is very impressive. Nice mix of open, wooded, uphill, and downhill holes. Best 9 hole course I have played and don't expect to see a better 9 hole!
Date: 1/3/2014 Designer Response by: HB553
The rope on hole 9 has been stolen, be sure to go down the hill well off to the side of the fairway.

Fun pitch and putt...

2-4    8/27/2011   8/28/2011
Review By: RichMeade
Pros: Concrete pads, interesting holes, very well maintained. Great use of available land.
No cell service
Cons: Long walk from #2 to #3
Very short, no real opportunities to rip a drive (unless you play down the practice football field beside #9 to #6's basket)
No cell service....

Other Thoughts: This was a fun little course...
no real tough holes except #2...and #9 is just a classic shot that you rarely have in DG.

It is very short, but the holes are designed well enough that you have to have some technique to get into birdie position.
Very well maintained park this is a MUST play if in G'burg...but still hard to justify a trip to the middle of the smokeys for just a 9 hole PnP but I can guarantee that you'll have fun with the course.

Fun holes for all levels...

2-4    3/25/2010   3/26/2010
Review By: EddieBTrue
Pros: Although there are only 9 holes, each has it's own character; and all are fun to play (Especially since the next closest course is some 30 miles away!). I'm a typical RHBH driver which holds fine on hole one; however immediately on #2 you find a heavily wooded shot that demands either a forehand or a Tommy unless you are just super accurate with say anhyzering a Rogue or something akin to it through the woods. (And this is during late march when the tree's have yet to bud/bloom; so I can only imagine what it's like when everything has filled out!). Holes 7-9 can really be challenging for a # of reasons; and 9 is one of those that is just fun 'because'! Another plus are the teepads/baskets are all in excellent shape, as are 8 of the 9 tee signs (The other is just sitting next to the pole on the ground :( They also have course maps available at hole #1 (And you'll most likely need it your first time through; or else you'll do some unnecessary walking!)
Cons: As mentioned at the end of the 'pros', there is quite the jaunt between holes 2 to 3 (You gotta go all the way around the football fields track portion to get to tee #3). For a RHBH whose average drive is 300+, there's no need to bring your long drivers.
Other Thoughts: Generally speaking though, this course is a great deal like my first experience with a 5 Guys Cheeseburger in that I enjoyed it so much that it was over before I knew it! My son's and I played it the first time the day we arrived in Pigeon Forge, then twice the next day; and if we would have had more time would have played another round (27 holes) as it's simply a good, if not great, play. I'm in my upper 40's; and have only been playing less than 2 years; and average around 270 on drives to give you an indicator of my personal prowess. Day 1, round 1 I was 5 over par, day 2, round 1 I was 4 over, and day 2 round 2 I played it even. For pro's, I would expect a bag full of birds; but you'll use a variety of shots to get em'; and that's always fun!!!