Gatlinburg, TN
Mills Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: tamahawk Hole #9 (Taken 10/2009)

1    8/15/2010   9/11/2010
Review By: bigronbowski
Pros: Very nice course map with scorecard pamphlets! Variety of shots. Clean park. Near Gatlinburg.
Cons: long walks from 2-3 and 9-1.
Other Thoughts: Vacationed in Gatlinburg and finding and playing this course was one best things I did there.

Good Challange

1    6/12/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: ohiostatefan38
Pros: Nice large map of course at start. I took a pic of it with my phone and used it throughout the round to easier navigate the course. great challenging holes almost aced number 9.
Cons: Only 9 holes and too close to the tourist trap that is Gatlinburg
Other Thoughts: Will def make a point to play the course again next time im in TN

2-4    4/18/2009   4/19/2009
Review By: M Key
Pros: Very Well Maintained. Very well Mapped. They have course program with map and score card on it. Hole #9 is one of the funnest holes I've ever thrown a disc on.
Cons: The walk between basket of #2 and tee pad of #3 is brutal. Then again, the walk from basket of #9 back to parking lot is almost 1/2 mile.
Other Thoughts: If in the area you must play it.

1    1/8/2009   1/12/2009
Review By: loledu
Pros: As mentioned, great view of the Smokies. Excellent use of trees, hills and ob's. Good mix of easy and challenging shots for both left and right handed players. Hole 8 and 9 definitely make the course.

Large course map near the practice basket was really helpful for a first timer. Each tee pad had detailed hole information. There were also flyers at the map which had basic DG knowledge, score card for four players, map, and rule for recreation play.
Cons: The walk from basket two to three is longer than normal on a DG course. Once you finish the last basket you have another long walk back to the parking lot.

I used a GPS to locate the course and it sent me to city hall. I asked for directions at city hall and they gave me country directions (big grocery store wasn't a big city grocery store it was a newer and nicer corner market). There were no signs on the main road to let you know the park was ahead on the left or right. My wife just happened to see a sign, similar to a historical sign, and we had to turn around to get to it.
Other Thoughts: My wife and I really enjoyed the course. It was her first time playing DG and was a very entertaining course to play on. The locals are friendly. If I'm in Gatlinburg again, I'll play the course a few more times.

Dan Kilgore

1    10/28/2008   11/11/2008
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: GREAT VIEWS of the SMOKEY MTS., heated bathrooms, nice community park, laid out extreeeemly well for a 9 hole course, nice cement tees.

I loved holes # 8 anhyzer uphill (I'm a lefty) and # 9 Straight EXTREEME downhill spike shot.
Cons: a couple of the holes # 1 & 2 are seperated from the other holes and thus you have to walk a little ways to get to # 3 tee, not a problem really.
Other Thoughts: Park right adjacent to High School athlectic field and Recreation building, possibly attracting some curious locals.
Good tee signs, good directions.

Elevation, Elevation, Elevation

5+    6/22/2008   6/27/2008
Review By: magictenor1
This review was updated on 8/12/2008
Pros: Very beautiful park with nice views of the surrounding Smoky Mountains. Lots of elevation changes,some fairly extreme but used in different ways. Good mix of open and wooded holes. Nice pavillion with restrooms located right beside the course.
Cons: Long walk from #2 to #3 and #9 finishes a long way from #1. Without a course map it would be difficult to follow. Only 9 holes (could be a con for some).There were some OB markings that I thought were a little strange ( They seemed to be where the average player might reasonably put his drive) and were marked only for advanced players.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed the course. Some unique holes there. #9 is an extreme downhill ace run. #'s 2 and 8 have extreme woods with narrow paths. Lots of different shots. Not an extremely long course but I did see some markings to indicate alternate long tees, not very well marked though. I actually played a tournament while I was there and the locals seemed very friendly. The tournament did not use the OB that I mentioned earlier. The OB lines would definitely make the course harder.