Gatlinburg, TN
Mills Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: tamahawk Hole #4 (Taken 10/2009)

On my wedding day!

2-4    7/13/2013   7/31/2013
Review By: Travisglenn1
Pros: I went and played this course on my wedding day while my wife got her hair done. The course has a good mix. I really like the hole layout of number 2 because it reminds me of Glenn Hilton. Good tee pads and quite area.
Cons: Long walk from 2 to 3. Hole 9 is unsafe to walk down.
Other Thoughts: The course was a great way to spend a quite morning. I meet a friend on the course that knew the course so that helped. I shot a 3 over. Could break even if played enough for any rec golfer.

Hills and trees

1    7/9/2013   7/21/2013
Review By: KimD
Pros: a couple wide open, mostly elevation changes and trees.
Nice little course for a quick game.
Cons: LONG walk from 2 to 3, it's across the football field.
LONG walk back to parking lot, the course doesn't circle back.
Other Thoughts: It was fun to play a game before heading into the Smoky Mountains for some hiking.

fun short hilly course

2-4    12/25/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: asp002
Pros: It's close to town, which is great for a tourists jonesin to play like myself. It has a unique design with great use of elevation. 2 8 and 9 were by far my favorite. 9 I literally said " wow " and emptied my whole bag.
Cons: It's very short. Going from basket of 2 to the t pad of 3 is annoying to navigate. Plus the fact that 9 ends so far from tpad 1 is rather frustrating. Some upkeep is needed. A tree had fallen on top of 7 tpad the week I was in Gatlinburg and wasn't removed the entire time I was there.
Other Thoughts: Overall a great course if you are in Gatlinburg.

Family Trip!

2-4    4/22/2012   10/22/2012
Review By: HarrMarc
Pros: It was close to town and clean.
Baskets were in good shape.
tees were nice and longer than normal
a great course for children or begginers.
Cons: Very short, no real opportunities to rip a drive (unless you play down the practice football field beside #9 to #6's basket)
No cell service....
Other Thoughts: Good for Family or learning. Or just a nice realxing day out to practise

2-4    7/24/2012   7/31/2012
Review By: jtblount2
Pros: Great variety of shots
Several birdie opportunities
Nice tee pads, baskets, and course map
Course map and scorecards available
Cons: Long walks
No long throws
Other Thoughts: Overall this was a fun course and since it is the only course near Gatlinburg, it makes it a little more attractive. Most holes require a pretty well placed throw in order to birdie. Holes 2 and 8 have way too many trees and are almost impossible to do well on. Hole 5 is directly behind a tree and unless you get it to the other side of that tree on throw 1 or 2 you have no chance at par.

a few LONG walks

1    6/30/2012   7/5/2012
Review By: DSCJNKY
- Great use of Natural and Man-Made Features. There were several holes that utilized steep hillsides with thick vegetation as punishment for errant shots. Elevation was used quite effectively, with: uphill, downhill, and sidehill danger. Several holes had a walking path that created island/peninsula type fairways and greens. The combination of the steep hillsides, use of elevation, thick rough, fairway shaping via the cement walking paths and pin placements in relation to the potential for punishment made for a few really fun golf holes that required you to throw shots - or else... get a bogey or two and struggle to recover in time to finish better than even Par.
- That it's There. My girlfriend and I were going on a "non-disc golf date" (whitewater rafting, touristy shit in Gatlinburg: shopping, the micro-brewery, the moonshine distillery, etc.). And, somehow I was able to work this 9-holer into our plans. I love when everything works out. (she sat in the car because there were too many bugs).
- Long Walks. There were a few long walks out there that were somewhat unavoidable (park layout and land availability wise) and unforgiveable (are you freaking kidding me?) at the same time. There is a near mile walk between holes 2 and 3, and an even further walk from Hole 9 back to the car/Hole 1.
- Hole 2. Hole 2 is a 300'+ severe anhyzer without any particular fairway to speak of. They call it a Par 4, but it's still a crappy hole.
Note: Holes 1 and 2 might not even be worth playing because Hole 2 is so bad. Besides, not playing them would prevent you from having to take the long walk from 2 to 3 and the extremely long walk back to the car from 9. If I lived in Gatlinburg, or if I played this course again, I would park in the street parking area between Hole 3 and 9 and opt not to play Holes 1 and 2.
- Overall. I'm glad this little course in Gatlinburg is here... it's a great thing for the local community and a great little course for tourists to check out while visiting the region. The course is as fun as a city park style 9-hole course can be, but has one really quirky hole and a few long walks. It should be pointed out that I never did find Hole 6?? I somehow found myself on Hole 7's tee-pad without having played Hole 6 and didn't really spend too much time looking for it as beer drinking, moonshine drinking (albeit the legal stuff) and rafting were the priorities for the day. If you're on a vacation here, Mills Park would be a fun little course to bag... but, probably not a good course to bag if you had no other reason to be in the area.
- Gatlinburg... was like a little miniature Las Vegas strip combined with Hollywood Blvd and a little bit of Disneyland. There were TONS of things to do: Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Dollywood, shopping on the main drag, the Smoky Mountain micro-brewery, the Ole Smoky Moonshine distillery, and more...
- Rafting. We went down the Pigeon River with NOC's (Nantahala Outdoor Center) Pigeon River crew. We went on the evening run (4-6:30pm) which saved us $20 each and gave us plenty of time to golf and visit Gatlinburg. The rapids were awesome... somewhat simple class 3, maybe-baby class 4 rapids. Lots of fun, warm-ish water, great outfitter... I wouldn't go rafting with any of the other companies!
- My Score: even (unfortunately)

Good fun

1    5/25/2012   5/25/2012
Review By: ToneRay
Pros: - varied shot selection - good practice
- ace & birdie opp's
- ready facilities, comfortable to play
- 1st day of vacation and beat the croud. Fantastic views of the Smokies
Cons: - They make it pretty easy for you to have a good time, so who can complain
Other Thoughts: Pretty sure #6 will be my first ace - missed by 5 feet both first times. Check in with you later...

Fun Little Course, Up and Down

5+    3/17/2012   4/6/2012
Review By: maynes35
Pros: This is a fun little course to play. Once you know your way around its really enjoyable to play.
- Concrete tee pads, even though a little on the short side, are better than not concrete tee pads
- Baskets are in good condition
- Big course map at the start and it always has scorecards available
#6 has a really wonderful view of the mountains as you throw a nice high hyzer down to the basket.
Cons: - Only 9 holes so not much variation over 18 holes
- Tee pads could be longer but at least they are concrete
- #9 is flat out dangerous to go down, especially when its somewhat wet
- the really nice signs they show in the media section are mostly not there anymore, which sucks because they look nice
Other Thoughts: After finishing #2 walk around the track by the road and up past the softball field to find #3. After that, navigation is really easy. If you are in Gatlinburg and looking to play some disc golf, it is a worth while course to play. I think my friends and I played 63 holes on a birthday weekend.

Putter Course

1    3/5/2012   3/5/2012
Review By: sdervan
Pros: It was close to town and clean.
Baskets were in good shape.
tees were nice and longer than normal
a great course for children or begginers.
Cons: Very short course
not a good flow
signage wasn't very good
Other Thoughts: It's not a bad course just probably the best that could have been done with the amount of land they were given. I'm not sure i'd play it again.

Only if you're desperate for some Disc Golf.

1    12/22/2011   12/25/2011
Review By: benestro
Pros: Nice, scenic location. Well kept facilities.
Cons: Hard to navigate.
Inaccurate map/signage.
Danger of hitting park users.
Other Thoughts: It was confusing finding the tees even with the map. 2 and 3 were inordinately far apart, and 9 is a long way from the main parking lot.
1 & 2 are adjacent to a graveyard. the day I played there was a fresh grave dug which I greatly feared losing a disc in.
Some of the signs on the tees where loose and seemed to be in the wrong places.
I did not find hole 9 amusing at all, especially since it was wet and muddy.

All the holes were too short and easy considering the punishment I went thru to play 'em.

Possibly the course is being worked on, hopefully it gets better.