8 Helpful / 0 Not
Small but Fun
Pros: - Plenty of parking
- Playground for the kids, base ball, tennis, basketball, pavilions & grills. Just a good place to bring the family.
- Bathrooms located at Hole #1
- Entrance is marked by a sign for the park
- Excellent concrete tees!
- Accurate Tee signs with distances
- Baskets are in good condition and well labled
- The course flows very nicely. Hole #1 starts only a few feet from the parking lot and Hole #9 ends at the parking lot. The only time that there is a bit of confusion is the transition from Hole #7 to #8. Once you finish Hole #7 you walk away from the general direction toward the tennis courts to find Hole #8's Tee.
- There is a mix of shots required here. #1 requires you to drop a light shot behind a group of trees while staying under the branches in the fairway. #2 requires to go far around a row of trees while getting UNDER or around some very low branches off the tee (may be a perfect spot for a roller). #4 is a very sharp right with thick rough straight ahead and water to the right if you turn too hard. You have an open ceiling on #4 so you can do whatever you feel comfortable doing to get over the low trees or around them. #7 has you launch over tall rough, over the water, then turning right toward the basket. #8 tricks you into thinking you need to bomb your biggest drives, but RHBH drivers here are in danger of fading into the water on the left.
- Very nice upkeep here. I have only played this course once but it has the appearance of being well mowed all the time. And of course you gotta love the Tank by Hole #6 Tee.
- The water hazard provides a fun obstacle
Cons: - No map available
- Could use a next tee sign from Hole #7 to #8
- 2500 feet for 9 holes is rather short. There are only two holes over 300'. I will say that the land was used to its fullest here, there just wasn't much land to use.
- On a nice Summer day, the walking path was incredibly busy and we had to wait numerous times for people to pass. This can take a while because a few holes throw along the path so you have to wait for a looooong opening in between walkers to safely throw.
Other Thoughts: - Standard flat park with only a few trees and the playground for the landscape. But it is a pretty park so I wont list this as a Con.
- Basket #4 was missing. I won't list this as a Con because I'm guessing it was stolen.
- This course may not be challenging but it is a very fun time. I definitely recommend for beginners.
- The most challenging hole is Hole #4 (see above for a description of this hole)
- My favorite hole was #7 (see above for a description of this hole).
- This is not a destination course but it was my favorite course of the day (we also played Tank Run & Wildwood). If I find myself in the area I will play this course but I will not make a long drive to it again.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
And Singing Fun, Fun, Fun
~Pleasant layout w/ variety
~Great concrete tee pads
~Adequate signage, easy to navigate
~Cool little park
~Fun to play
~Most holes are under 300' and pars are a dime/dozen
~Intermingled w/ walking path and other amenities
~Short 9 creates too quick of a round, wanted more holes
Other Thoughts: Stopped by on my way down to Carrolton and had time for an afternoon nine. Overall I found this course extremely fun and quite enjoyable. Conditions are good and all of the baskets are currently in the ground. Shot even par on my first visit with a few birdie opportunities and never any worries about making bogey, because of this the course will likely play too easy for regulars. On the other side all of the holes had a technical aspect mixing mature trees, doglegs, water, a bridge, tennis court and a winding walking path which created good variety and the need for some decent skill. I will make sure to stop by for a quick nine whenever I am in the area, it really is a good fun course and with Malvern only 5 miles away you can get a solid mix of 18 holes.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 6 Not
Easy & Open
Pros: Short 9 holes a few challenging holes over a creek. A nice family friendly park.
Good beginners course. Lots of kids activites and playground. Easy parking and signs. Nice scenery..................
Cons: Hole 8 placement
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.