Morristown, TN
Morristown Kiwanis DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18   (Taken 12/2008)
Next tee direction signs (only on one hole)

One of my favorites

5+    12/16/2013   12/17/2013
Review By: TroyJ
Pros: This is a great course. One of my favorites. The tee pads and baskets are clearly marked and everything is very easy to find. On certain holes they will change the basket location a little to change things up. 99% of the course is very well kept up, which is hard to come by sometimes. Its a short and technical course so its easy to get in a quick round before or after work. One or 2 people can play through the course in a bout 30 minites depending on how fast you play.Also this is a small park so there are never to many people there unless there are ball games going on.
Cons: Like I said before, 99% kept up. There are still some areas that if your disc goes there your going to spend atleast 30 minites looking for a disc. This is TN so like every where that is some what wooded you have critters to be aware of, main of all snakes. My group and I have encountered serveral. Over all though not to many bad things to say about the course. Not much parking when there is a good group of people there. (baseball games etc)
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses like I said before. I play this course all the time after I get off from work. The length is perfect to get in your disc golf fix and not spend your whole day at the park.

1    11/1/2013   11/1/2013
Review By: Matt T
Pros: Excellent course for learning. Forces me to focus on my lines and know what disc in my bag does what. Really clean as well. There were benches and trashcans at what seemed like every other hole.
Cons: None really that I could think of unless you don't like walking up and down hills. If you get kind of bad roll it can turn worse quickly but thats just part of the game.

My favorite course in Morristown

5+    12/23/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: cberney
Pros: This course is great for beginners and pros.
Has short and long tees. Holes that go left and right. Tee pads on all holes with tee signs.
Cons: Some holes have a lot of trees, other than that I do not see anything else wrong with this course.
Other Thoughts: I love the layout of the course. You can start on hole #1 play 9 and end back up where you started. You can start on #10 and finish on #18 and end back up where you started. Great course to play!!

Morristown technical short course

5+    6/11/2012   6/18/2012
Review By: doctorgrainger
Pros: Playability:
-great course for beginners and intermediate
-great layout and easy to follow
-a nice balance of straight and dogleg throws
-sinkholes add a nice potential psych-out
-defined fairways

Upkeep
-Great Signage post for everyhole
-Trash cans almost on everyhole
-Random benches
-Clean bathrooms
-Drink vending machines in parking lot
-pins are moved around
Cons: Playability
-mud on 5&7
-hole 9 has "a rope" to help you go down & up
-no grip & rip holes
-one bad shot will make you pay; trees or sinkhole
-random powerlines in middle of course
-no secondary tees
Other Thoughts: Overall this is a great and fun course to play. I highly recommend it if you are in the knoxville/bristol area. It is a nice balanced short technical course. The pros outweigh the cons byfar. The signature hole to me would be 9.

Random fun-
I like to change up the hole numbers to have an outside and inside set. Outside: 3,4,5,6,14,15,16,17,18. Inside 10,11,12,13,7,8,9,1,2.
Some holes can be linked well for additional fun.

Morristown Kiwanis

2-4    4/30/2011   1/28/2012
Review By: 3OrangeWhips
Pros:
- One of the most unique pieces of land you will ever find for a disc golf course
- Very hilly with lots of rocky outcroppings; like playing on the surface of the moon
- Giant concrete tee pads, great signage and like-new DISCatchers on every hole
- Excellent course flow keeps disc golfers away from other park users with a few exceptions
- Tightly wooded requiring a variety of technical shots
- Lots of elevation and plenty of turns that demand the ability to throw a hyzer/anhyzer
- The sinkholes scattered about make you choose your shots wisely
- Fun and challenging for all levels of players
- Nice clean community park with clean restrooms and ample parking near hole #1
Cons:
- Stay out of the sinkholes--a bad throw into one probably means a lost disc
- The orange clay gets real slimy/sticky and is hard to avoid when it is wet
- Some of the steeper areas appear a little dangerous--use caution when tracking down an errant disc
- Be aware of walkers/joggers where the course plays near the trail
- Anyone looking for long boomer holes will not find any at this course
Other Thoughts: I have played this course two times when visiting the Knoxville area and had a blast both times. It's hard to explain the rocky terrain and the photos don't really do justice. In person, the smooth white stone surface with all of its small craters really does look like the surface of the moon. The fairways are challenging but fair, and there is no shule to contend with if you uncork a bad throw. Do be careful when throwing around the sinkholes, since they are usually filled with water or brush that makes disc retrieval problematic at best and not worth it most of the time. You will rarely be making a straight throw at this course; most of the holes require the ability to throw hyzers and anhyzers, sometimes sharp ones. There is a good variety of uphill/downhill throws and even a few where you are going across a ravine. The park overall is clean and well maintained. Although Morristown is about 30 mile drive from Knoxville, the side trip is well worth it if you are in the area.

1    10/16/2011   10/16/2011
Review By: DBdiscgolf
Pros: First off this is without a doubt the most well kept up course I have played. The woods were thick but the rough was just right. Pretty technical course. Holes were fun and not frusterating. Many holes had a TON of rocks in the fairway, which was both scenic and it made your lie challenging in some situations. Trash cans at almost every hole. The course is not too crowded. Best holes were: 6,9,12,15, and 18.
Cons: The type of holes got a little repetitive. Too many SHORT wooded holes, and not enough long holes. The course could have a lot more distance and difficulty. As a very average player I scored 3 under par. Numbers 4 and 14 seemed like filler holes.
Other Thoughts: Very fun course in the sense that it was not frusterating at all. You need to watch your footing because there is a lot of uneven and rock covered ground. If no one is around, we found out that you can throw off of the back of #8's tee to #15's basket for a fun extra hole.

Got Accuracy?

1    10/23/2010   10/23/2010
Review By: curveball4
Pros: Big tees, well marked, short walks between most holes. Awesome layout, holes go left, right, a few straight, rewarded for accuracy & not arm strength. Played on a Saturday morning & only saw 3-4 other people the whole day. Great scenery, VERY clean, lots of trash cans & benches. Very fun to play, you get to use every shot in your bag & probably invent some new ones!
Cons: If you like long holes you're out of luck, most are less than 350'. There would definitely be a lot of mud if it rains.
Other Thoughts: This is a great technical course. That being said it is very fair. I killed more than my share of trees but still had chances at par with good approach shots, playing everything as a par 3. But accurate drives will lead to good birdie chances. This course is a good 30 minute drive for me but definitely worth it & I recommend it to anybody in the M-town/Knoxville area

Great course

2-4    8/3/2010   8/22/2010
Review By: gcanter2376
Pros: -Great variety of holes. Some technical, good use of elevation changes and wooded areas.
-Good course signage. Very easy to navigate.
-Beautiful park.
Cons: Only con I can think of is when it rains it turns into a mud bog.
Other Thoughts: Great course. Love playing it. Its challenging enough for skilled players and friendly enough for beginners.

Rockin' and Rollin'

2-4    5/31/2010   6/2/2010
Review By: maynes35
Pros: This is a gorgeous course. I loved the huge rocks throughout the course. Being from SC, I'm not used to seeing that and it really added a fun new view for me. All concrete tee boxes, and they were all large. Great hole lay out signs at each tee box. This was a huge plus for me. Even if you weren't totally sure where the basket was, you had a good idea on the first time through. I liked the holes they played as par 4's as they required skilled shots to get in position. Baskets were all in great shape. Some holes had arrows under the basket when it wasn't obvious where to go next. Lots of elevation change. Good variety of holes; left and right, kind of short and kind of long. The upkeep was wonderful, I saw almost no trash or littering on the course. They have a nice practice basket set up at the front, with a big sign showing the course layout and distances... and there were even scorecards! Hole 1 and Hole 10 are both at the front so you can start on either side (there was a huge group on 1 so we went to 10 instead).
Cons: I can't think of any real "Cons" at all. Anything named here is just to put something in the section. No water fountain (although I always bring a bottle or water). No really long holes that I can recall. Huge pits here and there, but I never was in them so I didn't care.
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses, and I'll play it every single time I'm in the area. I wasn't sure whether to give it a 4.5 or not. My wife convinced me that the lack of long holes and that it seemed to favor dogleg right holes should stop it from being that high. So my score is somewhere between a 4 or a 4.5

Love is little course

1    4/10/2010   4/11/2010
Review By: DGphanatic
Pros: Tight technical holes that really test your accuracy. I really like that I can play the 18 in under an hour b/c of the great course design. I dont have a BFG arm so its nice to be able to have multiple ace chances. Elevation change is real nice. My wife liked it too, so if you have a girlfriend or wife that plays, this might be the course for the two of you.
Cons: I can say that it does not have a lot of grip and rip shots but I dont have a big gun arm so... I didnt mind.