Morristown, TN
Morristown Kiwanis DGC Share
Uploaded By: Baysinger Hole #1 (Taken 8/2009)
3 / 218ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

My Favorite Course!

5+    3/30/2014   4/2/2014
Review By: Baysinger
Pros: Morristown's best course and my personal favorite! Great mix in holes that veer to the left, straight laser shots, holes that play downhill and back uphill, and holes that veer to the right. Even a couple dog-legs. They pretty much thought of every kind of shot you could imagine with this course and threw it in the mix. Always kept up with very well. I was told that the people who take care of the course also play disc golf so they take care of it the way disc golfers want it taken care of. Sinage and tee pads are perfect. Exactly what you want to see on a course. Very close to 2 other 18 hole courses by the same designer. Fairly quick course to get your disc golf fix for a round or two.
Cons: The only real cons I can think of is safety around the sink hole around holes 5 and 7 and the cave on 13. You right of the sink hole on 5 and straight towards it on 7. As long as you have a decent drive there should be no worries but there is a chance you could go down in the sink hole. I like the idea of it as an obsticle for the course but I believe maybe some steps going down the side would make it a lot safer for the unfortunate drives that land in the bottom. Same for the cave on 13. You throw to the left of it but I have seen a kick back many times where a disc ended up in the cave. Once again shouldnt be a problem most of the time but would be good to have a rope or some steps to make the walk down into the cave safer. Other than this the only other con is it can get a bit muddy in certain spots on a day after it rains. Other than these small issues... no major problems! Just watch out for people on the walking trail as not to hurt anyone while they are getting their exercise in!
Other Thoughts: As I said above, this is easitly my favorite course. As of now I have played 24 different courses and this one is the one that I prefer over any. May be because it was my first course I ever played / my home course... not really sure but something about it keeps me playing it at least 2 times a week. Also, course maps / brochures available at all times would be a great addition to all the Morristown courses. Out of towners would really appreciate it.

Unique and Excellent

1    8/22/2012   8/31/2012
Review By: Iowa420DG
Pros: This course has so many good qualities, I don't know where to start! I was impressed at hole #1, and it just kept getting better.
PLAY; The play of this course is very smooth. I didn't have any trouble finding the next tee pad, thanks to the great signage and flow of the layout. The course utilizes the land well; perfectly fitting 18 holes of great disc golf in the space provided. Baskets and tee pads were solid, likely above average. The yellow basket tops are always easier to identify in a wooded course.
The fairways were all "fair", if you will. No ridiculous shots are required, while the course does offer a great variety of average difficulty shots, with a nice balance of a few easies and a few hards. Lots of elevation change, hyzers/anhyzers, wooded/open, and "sinkholes" are all involved in this course. And my favorite pro... the course makes a perfect loop, so you start and finish where you park!
SURROUNDINGS; I had the course to myself, although I played at 1:00 on a Wednesday. The course is gorgeous, in my opinion, with the rocky landscape and abundance of mature trees. I haven't really seen anything like it. It seems to be well-taken care of.
There's also a map, bathrooms, vending machines, and a practice basket on site.
I also appreciate that the course takes time to assign different pars to different holes.
Cons: Sharp rocks could damage discs? I didn't run into this problem, but it could happen...
Other Thoughts: CHECK OUT THIS COURSE IF YOU'RE IN THE AREA.

Course of dreams...and a few nightmares

5+    4/29/2010   5/1/2010
Review By: odimus prime
Pros: Great course, amazing mix of open and technical shots; little margin for error as each shot sets up the difficulty and number of trees involved in the next. Great curving shots and plenty of opportunities to test your skills at the sport.
Cons: Can be a miserable experience if it has rained recently; puddles stay for a long time. The only unsettling part of the course is the two "pits of despair" in a large gaping hole in the middle of the #7 fairway, and the cave to the right of the #12 tee.
Other Thoughts: Overall a great course. My friends and I play it quite often and it is usually a great experience.

Sweet

1    7/19/2009   7/19/2009
Review By: tnbruisers
Pros: Course is very easy to navagate. Nice tee signs. Nice long, wide tee pads. Course was very clean. Nice technical course.
Cons: The only thing I could think of would be a couple of longer holes.
Other Thoughts: The course was designed by HB Clark. I will visit again.