New Haven, IN
Hole #1 Short Tee

It's OK

5+    5/9/2011   5/25/2011
Review By: Zigzaggler
Pros: LOTS of chances for an ace!!!!!!! A good park for short game practice !! Most holes are reachable with a putter or a mid range at most..The course is tucked away nicely so not a lot of traffic other than other huckers.
Cons: Most of the course is in low ground beside the railroad tracks making it playable on mostly dry days stray shots seem to find their way into the mass amounts of poison ivy or mystery ponds of black water from railroad run-off....so be careful!!!

Tight and Narrow

2-4    11/11/2008   11/11/2008
Review By: zud00
Pros: Alternate tee stations, nice tee signs, well marked, nice use of elevatoin changes and creeks, course seemed well-maintained (recent maintenance was obvious), some unique pin placements, lots of ace runs.
Cons: Grass/dirt tees, all holes in the woods except 2 holes, some old rackety baskets, thick brush provides lots of opportunities to lose a disc,
Other Thoughts: This course doesn't offer much more than straight tight wooded shots. Only holes 1 and 9 are out in the open. All of the others are in the thick narrow woods.

The am tees were difficult enough, but I thought I'd give the long tees a try and all it gave me was a headache. Some holes seem impossible to weave your disc through the trees.

I played this course in the fall when most of the leaves were down making it a bit easier. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be when the trees are full of leaves.

There are several short holes which provide for ace opportunities, although none were taken by myself. I only used a driver on one hole from the short tees and maybe 3 holes from the long tees. All other shots were taken with my stable mid-range discs or even my putter.

If you're in the Fort Wayne area, I'd suggest stopping by only if you like tight courses, if not, make sure to stop by West and East Swinney DGCs.