Muldraugh, KY
Muldraugh DGC Share
Uploaded By: tamahawk Hole #7 (Taken 10/2009)
3 / 305ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #7 Tee: Straight out 250ft or so and turns right. Watch for huge ditch (20+ft) on right side of the fairway.

This course has grown up!

1    5/22/2010   5/28/2010
Review By: upfromtheashes
Pros: Let me start by giving a little history. When I started playing DG 5-6 years ago, this was the 2nd course I ever set foot on. It was horrible. No teepads. No signs. It was like a hiking trail through the woods with a basket here and there. We played about 4 holes and then turned around and left.

So last weekend I finally gave it another chance. Wow! This course has really grown up. It's like an actual DG course now, and a decent one at that!

Good concrete teepads. Good signs. Good baskets. Garbage bags/cans. Many benches (that were greatly appreciated because this course AIN'T flat!)
Cons: The aforementioned ravines/trenches/canyons are literally dangerous in places. I threw one drive on the back 9 just a tad right...got a horrible ricochet off a tree into the ravine...and then had to go Bear Grylls mode just to get the thing back. You could quite possibly hurt yourself here.

I saw a lot of poison ivy on the course, and this would honestly be the single biggest deterrant to me playing it again....but 6 days later I haven't broken out, so *knock on wood*...

The only other negative I'd have with the course is purely a matter of preference. This type of course (heavily wooded, very technical) is not really my cup of tea. My rating of 3.0 reflects this. If you dig this type of course, then I could very well see ratings of 3.5 or 4.0 being totally valid.
Other Thoughts: I have really got to hand it to the folks who have brought this course along. From where it was to where it is now...that's just a huge leap, and I really have a lot of respect for those who have given this course the type of TLC that many courses don't receive. I'll play this course again whenever I'm ready for a changeup from my regular spots.

5+    10/3/2011   9/24/2009
Review By: AdamE
This review was updated on 10/7/2011
Pros: Muldraugh is an interesting and unique course that starts out the first hole by throwing through a tunnel UNDER the road! In addition this most unique feature, the course also has valleys to play across and ridges with baskets perched on top of them.

The course is completely wooded with lots of narrow fairways and elevation changes on nearly every hole.

This is a shorter course but I was surprised to see it has 5 holes in the 300 - 350ft range, but a few of those are downhill shots. The rest of the holes are fairly short so hitting your line means you've got a good chance at a birdie. Missing your line or hitting an early tree will make it challenging to get your 3.
Cons: The course does have three great turnover shots for RHBH players, but the rest of the course seems like all hyzer shots.

The rough used to be very bad here but the locals have done a great job cleaning it up. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I'm sure the hills on this course will be very tough to climb when the course is wet, but that's a pretty standard problem anywhere.

Because this course is in the woods, be prepared for poison ivy and bugs.
Other Thoughts: This course demands accuracy so a beginner can easily get torn up and leave frustrated. More experienced players will enjoy the tight fairways and have a chance at some very low scores.

With the exception of a nature path (which is rarely used), this park is exclusively disc golf. Playing here is truly like taking a walk in the woods.

2/27/2008   2/27/2008
Review By: martinyoung
Pros: you gotta miss the trees, tight fairways, nearly every basket is within reach, awesome to play this course in the spring, whole course is set in a sinkhole, deep ravines, super use of land - a long otter creek (nearby course oldest in kentucky)
Cons: righty backhand you got it made less you hit one of the millions of trees, hyzer shot 90% of the time